2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

9/04/2017 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:13 AM
ncboat
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
9/04/2017 build

Got my Vin and a scheduled build of the week of Sept 4th. F350 King Ranch Ultimate monotone Bronze Fire. No Window sticker yet. Curious as to others with this build week and experience.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:41 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ncboat
Got my Vin and a scheduled build of the week of Sept 4th. F350 King Ranch Ultimate monotone Bronze Fire. No Window sticker yet. Curious as to others with this build week and experience.
ncboat - I just got my window sticker today. Vin showed up a few days ago. Not sure what build date is yet but assuming we are pretty close here. I ordered on 8/4. Dealer just says it's in production as does Ford Chat.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:12 PM
ncboat
Mountain Pass
Waiting

I keep looking but no window sticker so far. Congrats on yours because I know how I feel. Update when you get your actual build date?

Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
I keep looking but no window sticker so far. Congrats on yours because I know how I feel. Update when you get your actual build date?
Will do.

Actually found my VIN on the dealers website when I was just searching their inventory. At the time I was not 100 % sure it was mine but it was optioned identically and had the same MSRP from my order confirmation. Turns out it was the same VIN that they provided me a few days later. Might be worth a shot for you. The dealers websites seem to update automatically when the VIN is put into the system, which is likely before they let you know about it.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got my serial number. How do I find the window sticker or build info?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:53 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Ricohman
I've got my serial number. How do I find the window sticker or build info?
For the WS you can go to the below site and just add your VIN at the end after the = sign.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....icker.pdf?vin=

Old 08-30-2017, 09:57 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmcclean12
For the WS you can go to the below site and just add your VIN at the end after the = sign.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....icker.pdf?vin=
Thanks. Not released yet I guess.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 AM
ncboat
Mountain Pass
Assembly date

Originally Posted by Ricohman
Thanks. Not released yet I guess.
mclean12 if you have your Window Sticker my guess your assembly date is early in the week. I found out my assembly date is the 9th and I don't have a WS yet. Based on what I have read the sticker proceeds the build date by about a week. I don't think I will see my WS till Saturday or Monday. The dealer knows your assembly date and updated arrival date. The WS is the appetizer .

Old 08-31-2017, 07:48 AM
j759ll
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window sticker posted last night F350 CCLB 6.2 4.30 Lariat ultimate build date 9/7 ETA 9/20 - 9/26 destination Pitt PA, hoping it shows on the earlier date
sorry for the duplicate thread did not see this before starting.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:05 AM
duckduke
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
This is my experience............

Window Sticker - it will normally become available 2-8 days ahead of build date. If you have a window sticker you are close to build date. If you don't have a window sticker you either have an error in your link you are typing or it has simply not been issued yet.

Window Sticker date - 2 dates..... the first is above the bold green bar at the bottom. This date will never change. It is the date your window sticker was issued. The very bottom (lower) date will change every time something changes on your build. It will change on your build date. It may change again during transit, and it will change on delivery. Mine was delivered apparently after midnight last night and the window sticker date changed to 8/31/2017.

COTUS - mine updated on schedule with each step. For those with F250 this is the best resource to check the status of your order.

ETIS - is somewhat useless. The only thing it really does, IMO, is confirm or display your actual build date. If you are shopping units on the lot...... you can always enter the VIN in ETIS and check the build date if you're interested. It will give you an idea of how long it's been in inventory. There are a number of job 1 trucks still on lots around the country.

Hope this helps!! Probably the most frustrating thing it seems for most is the fact that by the time you get to your build date you have been waiting 3-6 weeks. Once you know it's built, COTUS simply shows in "in transit" and the window sticker date will be updated at least to the "build" date. But from transit to delivery most seem to stir crazy wondering where their order is in transit. Is it on a rail, on a truck, and exactly where it is in transit. There are ways to call dealer and get a rail car # and track, etc. but for most you just wait for a few weeks and wonder hoping your ETA is close. Anyway... this part seems to be the most frustrating as it seems so close but there is little or no information available from build to delivery. It will happen...... jest be patient!!!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 AM
ncboat
Mountain Pass
Confirmation

Originally Posted by j759ll
Window sticker posted last night F350 CCLB 6.2 4.30 Lariat ultimate build date 9/7 ETA 9/20 - 9/26 destination Pitt PA, hoping it shows on the earlier date
sorry for the duplicate thread did not see this before starting.
Congrats 759 this backs up to some degree my assumption. Your truck will be built on a Thursday and your Window Sticker showed up the prior Thursday. The sticker is available the day after it is created so I think they do a batch load at night for the public view. I am not positive but I think if the window sticker isn't there in the morning it isn't going to show that day. If someone has experience that differs where your sticker wasn't available in the morning but showed up later in the day that would be good info. Since mine is slated to be built on a Saturday my hope is the sticker is created Friday and shows up Saturday morning.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:10 AM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
mclean12 if you have your Window Sticker my guess your assembly date is early in the week. I found out my assembly date is the 9th and I don't have a WS yet. Based on what I have read the sticker proceeds the build date by about a week. I don't think I will see my WS till Saturday or Monday. The dealer knows your assembly date and updated arrival date. The WS is the appetizer .

The date on the bottom was 8/30 yesterday today its 8/31.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:28 AM
j759ll
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rmcclean12
ncboat - I just got my window sticker today. Vin showed up a few days ago. Not sure what build date is yet but assuming we are pretty close here. I ordered on 8/4. Dealer just says it's in production as does Ford Chat.

where is your truck shipping to?

Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
rmcclean12
Freshman User
Originally Posted by j759ll
where is your truck shipping to?
Denver Colorado

Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 PM
Baldicon
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When was your order placed?

Quick Reply: 9/04/2017 build