2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trucks built week of 6/11

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Trucks built week of 6/11

Anybody else have a truck going down the line this week. My truck changed status to "In Production" on Cotus last week but I was able to find out that it is set to actually be built tomorrow. Oddly enough I also actually heard from my salesman just now as well telling me that my truck is expected to be at the dealership the week of the 26th. Odd because COTUS and Ford chat this morning still shows an ETA of 7/9. Not sure what to believe. It would be nice for it to show up that week but I am due to leave late in the week for a weeks vacation in Colorado with the family.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:04 PM
62KR
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am thinking mine is being built today. My window sticker finally showed up today and the date at the bottom is today's date. Today is also the build date as reported to me by the dealer on 5/24.

Mine is a 350 so it isn't showing up in COTUS and still has the fake build date in ETIS. It is my understanding that should be updated the day after the build. I don't know if that means today or after the spray in bedliner is done.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 PM
mr176
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine should be built this week as well. Sticker showed up 6/6 and customer chat told me tentative delivery date of 6/24.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 PM
River Wild
Fleet Mechanic
Received 270 Likes on 164 Posts
I'm thinking mine is this week also. WS date on the bottom is 6/7 so tomorrow or weds I hope.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:15 PM
mr176
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
The date in the box on my sticker is 6/6. The date at the bottom was 6/7 all the way up til this morning when it changed to 6/12. I've read where the bottom date changed when the build changes status. I'm hoping that means it's going down the line.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:36 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
The date on mine is 6/7 and then 6/8 on the bottom and I was able to find out that my truck is scheduled to roll down the line tomorrow. It's been a long wait, longer for some people but it's getting close now.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM
jims94vmx
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I am in the club as well. WS shows 6-8. salesman says it will be rolling down the line 6-14 with delivery date 6-25 through 7-1.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:50 PM
62KR
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
Anybody else have a truck going down the line this week. My truck changed status to "In Production" on Cotus last week but I was able to find out that it is set to actually be built tomorrow. Oddly enough I also actually heard from my salesman just now as well telling me that my truck is expected to be at the dealership the week of the 26th. Odd because COTUS and Ford chat this morning still shows an ETA of 7/9. Not sure what to believe. It would be nice for it to show up that week but I am due to leave late in the week for a weeks vacation in Colorado with the family.

How do you get to Ford Chat? I tried going to the chat straight off of ford.com they told me :

Here in the Customer Relationship Center we can only see the primary status of the vehicle.

It there a different "Ford Chat" for order tracking?

Thanks

Old 06-12-2017, 03:14 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
That might be about as much as you'll get out of Ford Chat. There has been a couple of times I was able to get a tiny bit more than the current status but mainly just the status. I was able to reach out to someone on a different forum who told me about my build date of tomorrow but he told me that my truck wouldnt be at the dealership until after the 4th of July. That's why I was surprised when my salesman told me today that it would be there the week of the 26th. Have to wait and see who is right.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:59 PM
River Wild
Fleet Mechanic
Received 270 Likes on 164 Posts
My guy just emailed me and said my truck is built and waiting for shipment. Woohoo!

Old 06-12-2017, 07:02 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ETA you guys see on Cotus and from your dealer is honestly not a lot to write home about.

Ford cannot control the railroad, their delays, or the time it takes for your dealers trucking company to truck your vehicle from the 'local' rail yard to your actual dealer and perform the PDI.

With my truck as a data point - it's still listed as 'in transit' with an eta about 2 weeks out. In reality, it's currently sitting about 5 miles from here and is scheduled to be delivered to my dealer tomorrow or wednesday at the latest.

There are way too many variables for an accurate ETA before the truck actually hits the train, and even then it's usually several days off.

The date on the bottom of my window sticker has now changed 9 times since it was originally created. It has been a fun process but I'm ready for it to be over. If any of you guys with recent builds need BNSF rail tracking once your trucks hit that phase, PM me and I'm happy to look that up.

It will either give you OCD or make you feel better knowing exactly where your truck is... both perhaps.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:09 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Someone told me that coming to central texas the trucks might be on the CSX rail line. Does anyone know what rail line comes to Central Texas and if anyone can track them once they leave Kentucky?

Old 06-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Actually CSX doesn't run in Texas at all. Their territory is east of the mississippi. That doesn't mean your truck won't be loaded on a CSX train initially, because they ARE in Kentucky, but CSX rail won't be delivering your truck into Texas.

BNSF does run in Texas. Union Pacific is bigger out there than BNSF. Southern Pacific also serves a lot of Texas, mostly the eastern portions of the state. Best approach is to see if your dealer can locate the carrier used.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:43 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Thank you sir. I will reach out to him tomorrow.

Early congrats on your truck hopefully tomorrow. I'll actually be up in your neck of the woods the end of this month and through the 4th. Will be visiting a buddy of mine in Castle Rock.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
Thank you sir. I will reach out to him tomorrow.

Early congrats on your truck hopefully tomorrow. I'll actually be up in your neck of the woods the end of this month and through the 4th. Will be visiting a buddy of mine in Castle Rock.
Nice! It's a small world Castle Rock is getting pretty big, I'm afraid Denver metro is absorbing it pretty quickly but it's still a great area. If your truck was being delivered here, it would be showing up about 10 minutes north of where you are headed in July... where mine is currently rotting in the sunshine lol. I can see Castle Rock from the !$%##@^ parking lot my truck is currently sitting in. Sorry I haven't been able to track your truck yet, it's almost 100% not on BNSF.

Take care,
Mark

Quick Reply: Trucks built week of 6/11