2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017 Ford Super Duty Air Bag light problems. Can't fix it

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Jackhammer405
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Ford Super Duty Air Bag light problems. Can't fix it

I purchased a new 2017 Ford Super Duty F250 6.7 Diesel.
Beautiful truck and I love it but the dealership can't find the problem with the air bag light.
PROBLEMS WHEN THE AIR BAG LIGHT COMES ON:
The air bag light comes on intermittently. When the air bag light comes on the power folding mirrors don't work and if they do, the right or left won't fold back out after folding in.
The heat/ac temp control on the dash won't let you adjust the temperature. The radio volume doesn't work on the radio but still adjusts on the steering wheel.
At the same time the turn signals flash really fast in the instrument cluster but they flash normal on the outside of the truck.
The power windows don't go up and down when the air bag light comes on.
Sometimes it's the left window and sometimes it's the right window. Sometimes both.
This really sucks when you have the windows down and it starts to rain.
The other day I spent 45 minutes under a bridge waiting for either rain to stop or the air bag light to go off so I could put the windows back up.
This all started happening at about 13,000 miles.
My truck now has 22,000 miles and I have to live with these problems.
$65,000 and it's a disaster.
Its bern in 3 times now and they cannot figure out what is going on.
If anybody know anything about this please let me know.
I'm just about ready to get rid of the truck and trade it in.
Such a huge disappointment.
I have owned 17 Super Duty diesels over the years and my new 2017 is by far the the worst one with the most problems that cannot be fixed.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I ran into electrical problems and frankly it killed any love I had for Ford as a company.

If your in the USA it's fairly straight forward. Bring it in three times for the same problem and your pretty much entitled to a new truck.

In Canada where I am your in for a massive fight. You will loose money. You will loose your temper and at best you can settle without going to court. Ford Canada does NOT stand by their products.

Get the dealer to start a hot line ticket. Reach out to Ford customer support off Fords website or call in. They will assist in troubleshooting. The dealer can also get a Ford tech working on the truck. They are area depeandant and it takes months to resolve it under their care.

Ford will state they are committed to repaire the truck as per warranty. And they will work on it for a very long time until they reach a magic number of both time and expenses. They will not tell you what this number is nor tell you what the list is they have to exhaust before will do the trade.

Let's hope your in USA. If you have questions I can try my best. After 5 months of fighting with ford Canada and the dealership and Ford credit Canada. I finally got a resolution on the grounds of customer satisfaction. Even though after 4 months messing with the truck they could not find the issue. Ford still refused to admit there was a problem and the truck was not fixable.

Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Bellzbub
New User
Mine had the same problem! Long process to find it but it was a bad pin in the main harness, they replaced the bcm and the power control box. My dealer had an engineer come out to look at it, he found it rather quickly.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Jackhammer405
New User
Thanks for the replies.

So Bellzbub yours was doing the same thing?
I will let my dealer know what they found on yours to be the problem.
Thanks again.

Johnny

Originally Posted by Bellzbub
Mine had the same problem! Long process to find it but it was a bad pin in the main harness, they replaced the bcm and the power control box. My dealer had an engineer come out to look at it, he found it rather quickly.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Jackhammer405
New User
Sleep guy,
thanks for letting me know that. I hope they can just fix it because I really love the truck.

y
Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
I ran into electrical problems and frankly it killed any love I had for Ford as a company.

If your in the USA it's fairly straight forward. Bring it in three times for the same problem and your pretty much entitled to a new truck.

In Canada where I am your in for a massive fight. You will loose money. You will loose your temper and at best you can settle without going to court. Ford Canada does NOT stand by their products.

Get the dealer to start a hot line ticket. Reach out to Ford customer support off Fords website or call in. They will assist in troubleshooting. The dealer can also get a Ford tech working on the truck. They are area depeandant and it takes months to resolve it under their care.

Ford will state they are committed to repaire the truck as per warranty. And they will work on it for a very long time until they reach a magic number of both time and expenses. They will not tell you what this number is nor tell you what the list is they have to exhaust before will do the trade.

Let's hope your in USA. If you have questions I can try my best. After 5 months of fighting with ford Canada and the dealership and Ford credit Canada. I finally got a resolution on the grounds of customer satisfaction. Even though after 4 months messing with the truck they could not find the issue. Ford still refused to admit there was a problem and the truck was not fixable.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:49 PM
VrRotate
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Jackhammer405
New User
YES!!!!

VrRotate,

That is EXACTLY what my truck is doing. Is that your truck in the video?

Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 PM
VrRotate
New User
Yep

Originally Posted by Bellzbub
Yep, my truck. Have they gotten anywhere with yours? Does yours do it all the time? Mine seems to do it late afternoon after sitting in sun and getting hot, then goes away after it cools.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:27 PM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If that's the case it's less likely wiring and more likely the modules as they will generate heat. I am unsure if they need cooling or how it all works.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM
Jackhammer405
New User
VrRotate,

What is the build date of your truck?

Old 04-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lemon law is not that straight forward.

First, states have different lengths of time. Some are only 1yr/12k, some 18 months, some 24k/24months etc. So it depends on what state the person is in and they have to research their lemon law.

I've seen 3 visits, 4 visits and some up to 6 visits required. On top of that, I've seen states that require 30 days out of service up to 45 days out of service before they qualify.

And then there are the fees on mileage that you get charged. Some the mileage penalty stops at the time of the 1st visit and others are when you turn the vehicle in.

There is far more to it then a straight forward process.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If that's the case it's less likely wiring and more likely the modules as they will generate heat. I am unsure if they need cooling or how it all works.
But they are not generating heat when the truck is off sitting. My guess as someone else stated it is a pin issue and the hot/cold temps are doing a little expand/contract which is giving a loose or bad connection rather then the module itself.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 AM
VrRotate
New User
Mine would be mid 12/2016.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:48 AM
crewzer
Logistics Pro
Received 267 Likes on 207 Posts
Lightbulb

My post in a different thread might be useful.

HTH, and best of luck!
Jim / crewzer

Old 05-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Jackhammer405
New User
I THINK THEY FOUND IT!!!!

My dealer had my truck for 4 days and I think they figured out the problem.
I have had it back for 5 days now and have NOT had the air bag light problem at all.
Since I got it back I have put on about 700 miles and all is good.
The problem they found was a Connector in a wiring harness that is up on top of the spare tire.
The dealership ordered a replacement connector kit from Ford.
The plug is one of those Molex connector plugs that failed. Water got inside the waterproof connector and it got corroded. Apparently this harness sends information Up to the dash and radio/ heater controls.
Here is a pic

Quick Reply: 2017 Ford Super Duty Air Bag light problems. Can't fix it