Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:19 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by earthquake68
Evening All!

Jeff. That's "Bigfoot Blue"

I can call up there and get the paint code if you want.
If you could Alan that would be great. I'm really liking that blue.

Got the tailgate on . Need to mess with one of the brackets a bit..but it's on... Truck is running really quiet lol...can't tell if it's too quiet or I'm used to it screaming at me all the time lol. He didn't run it the way I wanted it....

Old 07-04-2017, 06:33 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 192 Likes on 176 Posts
good morning missouri....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!

hope ya'll have a good day..

rich you light up my world.. ha ha ha ha

bullet is starting to look like a truck jeff

Old 07-04-2017, 07:08 AM
77&79F250
Received 3,404 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Morning folks...I am at work...but only to get friday off, since it is Penny's birthday.

RC wait til I get the other head light LED mounted then I will light the dark path for you. lol

Jeff if he did not do it like you wanted it, why did you pay for it and take it off the parking lot then? Did you tell him how you wanted it? At 1st the back part looks ok, but then I see the front routing??? Looks like he went under the cross member on the dvrs side or shoe horned it past the xfer case on the left? Needed to run the dvr side to the passenger side to clear the front d/s and make both pass the xfer case on the r/h side ABOVE the cross member. Then flat mount the mufflers.

Some places just do not care or have the skill to do it right. I have the same place up here that did ol blues exhaust. Hang in there, it life's little challenges like this, that let you know you are still alive.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:25 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good morning everybody!
I've got a #6 Brisket in the smoker for tonight's dinner, and I'm thinking that is the highlight of the day.
My #10 Pork Shoulder came out great for this last weekends BBQ with our Ozark neighborhood. It was the best shoulder I've done. I was able to pull the bone out, and then the meat just fell apart.
Happy Birthday America.

Unk Bob

Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 156 Likes on 125 Posts
Hey Bob - that's not fair teasing us like that.

Well, once again, my buddy Harold's wife intentionally let her blood sugars run dangerously low so he can't be too far away. She's a real pip - bipolar and passive aggressive all rolled up in one tidy package. Since my plans are shot and going junking alone just isn't much fun, I've got to regroup and figure out what I'm doing today.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:45 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grems4ever
Hey Bob - that's not fair teasing us like that.

Well, once again, my buddy Harold's wife intentionally let her blood sugars run dangerously low so he can't be too far away. She's a real pip - bipolar and passive aggressive all rolled up in one tidy package. Since my plans are shot and going junking alone just isn't much fun, I've got to regroup and figure out what I'm doing today.
Is her name Rhonda
Sounds like an EX that I know.
I'm still waiting to hear from the CFO about buying my supplies for Ka'Bluey. I've found Rage filler on Amazon for $25 less than I can get it anywhere else, but their no good on the Epoxy Primer.

Unk Bob

Old 07-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
I can tell you this, it won't be all butterflies and flowers at his place today that's for sure.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 AM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Morning folks...I am at work...but only to get friday off, since it is Penny's birthday.

RC wait til I get the other head light LED mounted then I will light the dark path for you. lol

Jeff if he did not do it like you wanted it, why did you pay for it and take it off the parking lot then? Did you tell him how you wanted it? At 1st the back part looks ok, but then I see the front routing??? Looks like he went under the cross member on the dvrs side or shoe horned it past the xfer case on the left? Needed to run the dvr side to the passenger side to clear the front d/s and make both pass the xfer case on the r/h side ABOVE the cross member. Then flat mount the mufflers.

Some places just do not care or have the skill to do it right. I have the same place up here that did ol blues exhaust. Hang in there, it life's little challenges like this, that let you know you are still alive.
Well Rich, I paid on the phone so I could pick up the truck last night. I have been out of town forever and wanted the truck home. I have parts to put on it, and I need to get it ready for my Dad to use it for heavy landscaping jobs. I don't have the luxury of time... this coming weekend, I am in St. Louis...not much time while they are on the clock. I drove it home...seems really quiet, but I may not be used to it yet...

Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 AM
77&79F250
I know how it is to be busy and on the road working, I did it for years. And I know how it is to pay for something done to a vehicle and not really be happy. But at the time what can you do, when you need the truck, you need the truck. I feel for ya. Maybe if it is to quite, you can get the time to take it to a different shop and explain and show them what and how you want it.

To busy working.... beats unemployment. Sometimes a quite truck is way better than a noisy cop magnet.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Decided to poke around on the Kia a little while Nikki was off at camp. I do believe I found the problem...

Since the teeth on the old belt are significantly worn down compared to the new one, I'm hoping that old age had more to do with failure than anything else.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:53 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Maybe I should've just done it for you, Jeff. If I did work like that, I'd kick my own butt.

I need to get a few things done at the shop, but at the same time, I'm supposed to go to a family gathering and don't want to get too dirty. So I've wasted my morning in front of the computer, trying to decide what to do. By the time I figure it out, it'll be time to go to the gathering.

Dave. Is that one of those "low drag" timing belts for better performance?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Sounds like what I did most of the morning Alan.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by earthquake68
Dave. Is that one of those "low drag" timing belts for better performance?
Actually it drags across the surface of the timing gear pretty good.

I suspect that there may also be some oil damage to the belt, so I'm considering pulling the crank & cam gears off and replacing the oil seals while I have it opened up.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:26 AM
77&79F250
Alan what would it take to get the "faded red" Bronco more RED than faded? Do you have a buff/polish trick?

Old 07-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Since the weather hasn't cooperated at all today, I decided to build a new set of ladder golf stands...

Quick Reply: July'n to me? No it's the July get a bang on thread