Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

June's chat, BS and talk trucks thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 02:51 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Received 157 Likes on 126 Posts
Afternoon all.

Nikki & I hit the DIY parts yards to scrounge for parts. She scored pretty good. We found a correct color hood, the trim pieces under the headlights, a fan & shroud, and sun visors that don't fall apart. She still needs a spare wheel, a couple of center caps, and a better fender. The hood donor's fender had a punch wound that looked like it would be a pain to fix. There's a new yard in Lebanon that we're going to hit next weekend.

I, however, pretty much crapped out. I found a Dana 60 semi-float rear end that should have been a 4.10 gear set, but I'd prefer to stick with a Dana 70 full float that's already in there. Like i said, maybe I'll get lucky next weekend.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Here's some car show pictures from yesterday...

Not a Ford, but I thought Jeff would dig it.

Can someone please explain what the heck the oil filter looking thing is doing on the air cleaner?

460 powered Thunderchicken!

Nice Falcon owned by a former student from my public school days.

My grandfather had this generation truck before he died. I could care less for the dropped stance though.

One of only a couple of dents present at the time we went through.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:42 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts
Looks like the summer is having a sizzling start! Stay cool...

Old 06-25-2017, 05:25 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Dave. I remember those breathers on the air cleaners. I don't remember what they were for exactly, but I remember seeing a bunch of them in the '80s. (I used to work at a fast lube shop) I think that's all they were, thought. ...breathers.

I got the grass cut at the shop, but that's all the motivation I had for the day. Tomorrow is another day.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
Rather quiet in here tonight. Everyone must have done wore themselves plum out with all this nice weather.

Chip - I'm going to be your way Wednesday & Thursday this week.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:33 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
I'll be in the office Thursday.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:46 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 196 Likes on 179 Posts
good evening all.. sounds like you and the crew had fund dave..did you notice any 89-95 broncos sitting up there?..
i did not do anything at all today, went up to sparta to visit jeff for a bit.. after a few hours he finally run me off so he could get some work done..... so i came home ..

Old 06-25-2017, 10:30 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Holy diddy, RC can fix anything lol...2 seconds and he fixed a door I've been delicately trying to get to close.....2 freaking seconds....lol

Then he was like let's put that door on your Impala....I stalled our progress on that while I made some bad decisions on the door panel....but then again, we were done with that for the most part in no time....lol.

Then I happened to mention my big air compressor....and that I had the wiring....10 min later and I have a working air compressor after he hard wired it into the fuse box....I mean wow! Lol. I was a little worried when he didn't have me shut off the electricity on the shop while he did it...lol

Only after all that he left after we talked hotrods and trucks for a long while.

After he left I did get the Impala off the trailer...it ended up rolling fine...steers pretty good too.
I cleaned up the trailer a little bit. But I am stoked about my shops air compressor! I've been using a smaller mobile one now for years..lol

Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That is a pretty cool 70 Charger!

Old 06-26-2017, 04:45 AM
Grems4ever
Lead Driver
RC - i didn't notice any off hand, but we did make a pretty focused search and didn't do much browsing.

Chip - I'll try to pop in and say hi Thursday afternoon.

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go...

Old 06-26-2017, 07:17 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri... dave i think playing with one of those "HI HO'S" will be more fun than what i have planned for the day...... ha ha ha ha

i forgot that i told a friend to bring over his truck (toyota tundra) for some ball joints and frt. wheel bearings.. i have never done a late model toyota yet, but all i am 'supposed' to do today is show him how to do it.. so i should not even get my hands dirty.. ha ha ha ha ha ..

Old 06-26-2017, 07:19 AM
Gambler72
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the invite Alan! May just have to stop by when I have the old girl out!

Originally Posted by earthquake68
Evening All!

Have I mentioned what a pain in the rear bumper AMC Eagles are to work on??? NO-THING has been easy. I'm wrapping it up, but oh boy, this thing is trying my patience.

I need to get back on the '69 Chevy. I got the carpets back in it and the seats reassembled, but it's time to lay some paint down on it. I need to do the body work and primer on the bed pieces so it can get painted and reassembled. This thing needs to go.

Gambler. (I didn't catch your real name) if you're close by, stop by the shop. I have a few members show up from time time to talk Ford trucks. There's always at least a few here to look at and waste time over. I usually have a soda or Gatorade in the fridge, too. As a matter of fact, I stocked up today, so I have water for RC, Gatorade for me, and Dr. Pepper for Rich.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:39 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

I need to get back on the '69 Chevy and actually make some notable progress today. I may finally get the stereo in my farm truck, too. Of course, it's Monday, so it may just end up with me beating my head against the wall and getting nothing done. ...which is how the last few have gone.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:31 PM
moose4x4
Cargo Master
Received 136 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by whiskey runner
good evening all.. sounds like you and the crew had fund dave..did you notice any 89-95 broncos sitting up there?..
i did not do anything at all today, went up to sparta to visit jeff for a bit.. after a few hours he finally run me off so he could get some work done..... so i came home ..

RC, What are you looking for? I have a 93 Eddie Bauer in the yard I am going to make a trail rig out of.

Old 06-26-2017, 05:37 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
moose.. what i really need is a whole new bronco...... but if i cant have that a tailgate with a window would be good.. and if the wiring (dash and underhood) harness would happen to be the same i could use that also.. are you going to pull the body completely off..or just cut the body up?

Quick Reply: June's chat, BS and talk trucks thread.