2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Got my VIN

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that is a problem. You can try Ford Chat or call your dealer. Also when your window sticker shows up, you can get pretty close to your actual build date, which also shows up in ETIS as you probably know.

My truck just pulled into town here on the train. The waiting doesn't get any better even if you know exactly where it is. Now I get to wonder why it's sitting on a rail car for 4 days 5 minutes from my house.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:41 PM
glrret
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
ETIS dosn't show the WS does it? Plus how long after the order date should I expect to see a WS?

Old 06-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by glrret
ETIS dosn't show the WS does it? Plus how long after the order date should I expect to see a WS?
All you need to pull up your window sticker is your vin number.

Replace my vin number with your own in this url:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....7W2B62HED85473

It should show up there the day after it is created. The date at the very bottom of the sticker.. in my case it's today's date is meaningful. Every time your truck changes status, that date is updated. Now you won't know exactly what happened *every time* that date changes, but you can usually guess what it is. For example, on mine, the date was updated today because the truck was dropped off at the rail yard up the street from here. I've seen that date change at least 6 times.

My window sticker was born on 05 17 2017 - you can see that date on yours when it shows up. That date doesn't change.
My build date in ETIS was 25.05.2017 The day (after) my truck was built, the date at the bottom of the window sticker went from 05 17 to 05 25
The day my truck was ready to hit the rail road, it was updated again... and again when BNSF picked it up... and again today when they dropped it off.

So if you have a good idea of where your truck is in the whole process, monitoring that date at the very bottom of your sticker can really tell you a lot. Ford chat can confirm what just happened. Sucks that you don't have access to Cotus, but it's actually a pretty bad tool anyway, especially with respect to estimated deliveries. It's amazing to watch how fast, or how slow things happen once your truck hits the rail road. It took me 4 days to see my truck on a rail car move more than 40 miles... and then in a span of 2 days it went from Kentucky to Colorado. According to cotus, I won't see my truck for another 2 or 3 weeks but I just laid eyes on the train car it is on this afternoon.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:09 PM
glrret
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I did as you said and replaced the VIN in the link you provided with the VIN I got from the dealer: 1FT8W3DT1HEE16516 all I got was this "The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle."

So either the VIN is wrong or its still to far out for the window sticker.

This is what I get on ETIS:

Old 06-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Bansai
Senior User
That place holder date in ETIS won't change until a day or 2 after your truck is built. You'll probably get your window sticker soon though. That's when things start moving a micromental bit faster in most cases I think.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:44 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
AWAITING SHIPMENT!!!! So close.... still no window sticker

Old 06-10-2017, 04:23 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
AWAITING SHIPMENT!!!! So close.... still no window sticker
There *has to be* a window sticker for a truck that has been built. Something weird going on with that. Like a newborn baby without a belly button.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:36 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Right.... not sure what's up

Old 06-10-2017, 06:25 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Try plugging your VIN into the link below. That is actually how I found my window sticker. It never showed up in COTUS even though it showed as "In Production. Went there and it showed up.

Good luck.

Use your VIN number to get Ford Window Sticker

Old 06-10-2017, 08:18 PM
BGMSPD
Laughing Gas
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bansai
There *has to be* a window sticker for a truck that has been built. Something weird going on with that. Like a newborn baby without a belly button.
I could never access my window sticker on COTUS. Then after it was built the link on COTUS disappeared and it wasn't until today that ETIS updated and showed the specs for my truck. I think these systems are very hit and miss at times for a lot of people. But better than nothing at all. Kind of keeps the hope alive.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:38 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Hey thanks. It shows up on that link!

Old 06-10-2017, 08:49 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I could help.

Anyone know what the current average build time is? Is it still looking like anywhere from 5-7 days?

Old 06-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Bansai
Senior User
Was exactly 1 week for me.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:28 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
"IN TRANSIT"!!!!!!!!!!!! Just checked this morning. COTUS has also moved my estimated delivery date from 6/29 to 6/26. Im surprised it was only moved up 3 days. Seems like it should not take 13 days to transport a truck from Kentucky to Massachusetts lol.

BTW... still no window sticker showing up in COTUS. Doesn't really matter any more but just wanted to share.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:29 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BGMSPD
I could never access my window sticker on COTUS. Then after it was built the link on COTUS disappeared and it wasn't until today that ETIS updated and showed the specs for my truck. I think these systems are very hit and miss at times for a lot of people. But better than nothing at all. Kind of keeps the hope alive.

Right. That's what happened to me as well. The "window sticker" link in COTUS has disappeared.

Quick Reply: Got my VIN