Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LMC truck headliners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:03 PM
OldGoldie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, fellas, I didn't intend to start a debate with my earlier comment. I'm sure that if the foam is decent shape that it can be reused. That said, my preference, if I already have it out, I may as well replace the old foam at the same time.

My main point was, you don't need to be a full on fabric expert to redo your own headliner and you're likely to save some coin to boot.

If anyone does decide to do this and has questions, feel free to hit me up!

S/F,

-Matt

Old 03-12-2017, 12:18 AM
Vadis
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
So this thread sparked my interest in getting my headliner redone. I called a local shop today to get a quote on materials and it'll be $200 for just over 3 yards, which is what they get them in size wise from their supplier and won't go smaller. Or over $300 to get them to do it.
Needless to say, I'll be looking for an alternative place to get some from. With that said, anyone know of a place that would ship up north and sells material that will match the Opal Grey?

Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Vadis
So this thread sparked my interest in getting my headliner redone. I called a local shop today to get a quote on materials and it'll be $200 for just over 3 yards, which is what they get them in size wise from their supplier and won't go smaller. Or over $300 to get them to do it.
Needless to say, I'll be looking for an alternative place to get some from. With that said, anyone know of a place that would ship up north and sells material that will match the Opal Grey?
I found some on Ebay the last time I looked, but it was around $65 for 3 yards before shipping.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:02 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I got eBay fabric and a can of spray glue delivered for under $50.
Aerosols are ORM-D so it's got to come ground though.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Red97350
Laughing Gas
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I got my fabric from Jo-Ann's years ago. It was a perfect match for the grey (Opal?) interior. That was probably 7 or so years ago though.

Red

Old 03-12-2017, 12:33 PM
OldGoldie
Senior User
That's really high man. I used this site when I did my Jeep Wagoneer, bought the whole kit. Shipping is what kills you on this kit. But it's quality fabric and 3M headliner glue, which is what you need to use.

WLS Headliners - automotive inerterior products

On my F-150 I bought the fabric on eBay for about $20 (granted, I have a single cab) - here's the link - I'm sure they have other colors.

AUTO FOAM BACKED Headliner Upholstery Fabric Saddle Crafting 59 " x 60 " Usps | eBay

It was the same quality as the WLS headliner fabric I got.

Get some 3M Headliner glue from Amazon/your preferred vendor. You'll have the whole thing done for under $100. Trust me on this one, you can do it. It's not hard at all.

Originally Posted by Fastback460
I found some on Ebay the last time I looked, but it was around $65 for 3 yards before shipping.
Yep, eBay for the win.

Seriously guys, if you consider yourself even a mild DIY'er this is something you can tackle yourselves. Installing an aftermarket radio or changing drum brakes is more challenging...

Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
I was going to finally fix mine this summer.....

But then I saw this one, and I think i want it

Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Three yards?!?!?
Do you drive a six door Centurion or something?

For sure, one yard will cover a regular cab truck.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Vadis
Tuned
I have found
this this
for what I believe is reasonable for Canadian pricing. Just unsure of the color match. I have zero qualms about attempting this myself just don't want it to look like crap.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
Three yards?!?!?
Do you drive a six door Centurion or something?

For sure, one yard will cover a regular cab truck.
That's just what I saw at the time that I was looking, I just used it as a price comparison, I obviously would't need all that for a regular cab

But you wouldn't need a 6-door Centurion to use up 3 yards, an Excursion would probably use a little more than 3 yards.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:41 PM
OldGoldie
Senior User
I have found this for what I believe is reasonable for Canadian pricing. Just unsure of the color match. I have zero qualms about attempting this myself just don't want it to look like crap.
Well, many times the OEM fabric for headliners tends to be a lighter color than the actual trim itself. If it were me and I could visually tell that the fabric is lighter rather than darker, I'd do it. Which is exactly what I did with the fabric that I got for my Ford that I did a few weeks ago - looks great.

Generally, you want to avoid darker colors because it makes the cabin darker and makes it look smaller.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Vadis
Tuned
Originally Posted by OldGoldie
Well, many times the OEM fabric for headliners tends to be a lighter color than the actual trim itself. If it were me and I could visually tell that the fabric is lighter rather than darker, I'd do it. Which is exactly what I did with the fabric that I got for my Ford that I did a few weeks ago - looks great.

Generally, you want to avoid darker colors because it makes the cabin darker and makes it look smaller.
Makes sense. I'll order that one.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:04 PM
pat67shorty
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The ABS head liner from LMC isn't really worth what they want for it. I thought it would be a rigid molded board. It's a 1/16" thick flexible piece of plastic. It's delivered flat with score lines to fold it to get the curved down edges. It looks nice enough installed, but it didn't reach up to the roof in the center so the velcro that came with it, to hold it up is useless. It sagged in the center over last summer. I'll probably pull it this spring and glue a foam block to the roof to velcro it to or something...

Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:55 PM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was going to finally fix mine this summer.....

But then I saw this one, and I think i want it

Where did you find that? I like it!

Old 03-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Benstoked
Freshman User
Originally Posted by dixie460
Where did you find that? I like it!
looks like this one
Full Sized Pickup - F Series 1992 - 1996 - F150 & F250 | Dashtop by Palco Industries

Quick Reply: LMC truck headliners?