Conversation Between shipwrecked and kjvforme
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. kjvforme
    02-27-2019 07:04 PM - permalink
    I made MKC on a 140" Ice breaking tug the Sturgeon bay out of Bayonne, NJ. Got orders to the Afloat Training Group Northwest, then made CWO. I was looking at ENG2 but didn't like what they had to offer. Asked about MSS2 as an Marine Inspector, his reply was where were did you want to go? my reply sealed my fate, I said New York, he said Sold. I did two years before I pulled the plug and retired, locked in 25 years. I went a s a geographic bachelor.
  2. shipwrecked
    02-26-2019 05:46 AM - permalink
    turned down MKCS orders and picked up ENG2 orders as MPA to a 270 in Portsmouth. My 5th ship. just passed 20 years.
    still kicking on the F100. I am taking two weeks leave in march to get that girl running finally.
    sail on my friend.
  3. kjvforme
    10-24-2016 11:13 AM - permalink
    The MSS2 gig is a good job, wasnt sure when I took it if I would like it, but I loved it. I stayed in Port State Control where most wound up cycling through to US Flag. It was mostly because I had put in my retirement letter.
    I wasn't originally looking to make Warrant, but had a LT who said he had helped others write the paperwork so I said what the hell. I originally wanted Eng but all the jobs I wanted were taken by the time he called me. I asked about M field he said do you have M field experience. I was at the Afloat Training Group at the time and said can't be much more different. He said where do you want to go? I said Sector New York? He said Deal! Like the MK Detailer if they can get someone in a hard to fill billet they are more than happy to give you the go ahead. Sector New York was the perfect place to get the trained. They pretty much have all the ship types that you need training in.
  4. shipwrecked
    10-13-2016 06:46 PM - permalink
    Well dang! I didn't realize it was you. Glad you found it. I started all that just for my Dad and friend to see what I was doing since at the time they didn't Facebook or anything like that. I don't use FTE a whole lot- too many "whats it worth" "decode this warranty plate" "patina, patina, patina".... I typically go on Slick60's as shipwrecked. Got a huge build thread there. A lot less annoying "patina" seekers. I am due up for transfer from TRACEN in the summer. I am asking to go to Yorktown and hope I get picked up for MSSE. We shall see!
    April.
  5. kjvforme
    10-08-2016 12:06 PM - permalink
    I just found your YouTube searching for F100's. Other than owning early F100's we have something in common. I was a MKC myself, went Warrant became a MSS2(E), stationed up a Sector New York, and retired two years later. Was there Geographic Bachelor and returned home.