Conversation Between f100today and JohnRoss2233
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. JohnRoss2233
    05-05-2018 06:17 PM - permalink
    Thanks so much for the info. I'm just as delinquent when it comes to responding apparently! I have 4 doors and have been holding onto them for this very project as I think I read one of your posts somewhere that you had to use 2 extra doors. I am fairly certain I know the answer, but would you ever consider being paid to do something like this? I know you'd have to charge a pretty penny, but I also know it takes me 2 attempts of fabricating something like this to get it just right. I always seem to use the first attempt as a trial period; I figure you've already knocked that part out by doing this once. I'm convinced that going to 1 piece windows is a good way to start cutting down on extraneous noise. Where did you source the glass? I think that's the one thing I can't seem to track down as everyone seems to dislike Vintage Glass.

Thanks for the info. If you're interested in being paid to do something like this, please let me know. johnross2233@gmail.com.

John
  2. f100today
    04-16-2018 05:46 PM - permalink
    Sorry for the late response; I just saw this. I basically made everything. I used Electriclife power windows that I don't like, the shaft mechanism is very poorly made and breaks easily. I had to get two extra doors so I could get the channel out of them to make the forward channel. I used channel seal from dennis carpenter; they let me order 20 feet of the seal. You have to cut the door arm down to where only one bolt works at the top. The hinge pocket in the door has to be removed, trimmed, and welded back in. It's a lot of fabrication, trial and error.
  3. JohnRoss2233
    03-11-2018 10:45 PM - permalink
    I read through your F100 Cummins build. Very impressive. I was curious to know if you could provide any additional detail on how/what products you used for your one piece window mod. I'm in the middle of an 69 F250 Cummins swap myself and am very interested in one piece windows. Any guidance and/or advice you have would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!