Conversation Between 97ExpGuy and Alan Anhorn
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 97ExpGuy
    12-15-2009 09:03 PM - permalink
    Found an answer for you. Follow this link: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/72...placement.html

It seems the GEM module will need to be reprogrammed. However, I would also recommend contacting 'Alloro' and 'JohnnyLangton' here on the boards. They both know these vehicles quite well and will be able to give you a more solid answer than I can.

In the mean time, and as a friendly FYI, the search box is a GREAT tool. If you click "Advanced Search" you can search by keyword + titles only and then narrow it down to the specific forum you want. In this case "Expedition & Navigator" is what I chose to do a quick search to find the info you requested. My search actually narrowed it down to this: Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Search Results. And I found what info I could provide in this manner.

Sorry I do not have a solid answer for you.
    Tom
  2. Alan Anhorn
    12-15-2009 10:46 AM - permalink
    Hi 97ExpGuy by the name I take it you have a 97 Expy me to have you ever changed the GEM module. I have to change the one in my Expy just trying to find out if one has to reprogram them in the 97 when changing it.

Thanks Alan