Conversation Between Journeymaaann and SpringerPop
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. SpringerPop
    02-27-2013 10:16 PM - permalink
    Thank you for your very-kind words! It means a lot to know it's noticed.
    PVF is a great weatherproofing coating for steel lines, but is susceptible to some solvents. Though it's kind of unlikely that those chemicals will ever find their way to the inside of your fuel tank, we are never really sure what goes into de-icers and lubricity additives, so I'd tread lightly. Why not simply sand it off with medium-grit sandpaper and/or steel wool, and be done with it. It's only about four inches long on the pickup side. I have never seen a real need to have a long extended return line, anyway. And, raw steel won't get very rusty submerged in fuel oil.
    -Marv-
  2. Journeymaaann
    02-27-2013 08:38 PM - permalink
    Hi Marv It was nice to see a picture of you at Robins funeral. I Love your attitude when you wrote that you take saying goodbye to your friends seriously. I learned a great lesson at my fathers wake when a co-worker that I wasn't that friendly with unexpectedly showed up. I learned that you only get one shot at saying whatever your presence or absence says so make it count!
    I have another Question on a totally different subject. I have a set of brake lines that I am considering using for the Hutch mod. They have a PVF Coating over steel. They are called Poly Armor by the AGS Company, Muskegon, Michigan,49443. I wanted to tell you what I thought of you comment & thought I would ask you about this too. Thanks for your presence in this 'Brotherhood'. You're a good man.