Conversation Between figurhead and cartmanea
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. cartmanea
    10-15-2009 11:52 AM - permalink
    I put the Pyro on the pillar because it was the easiest location to see. Do yo mean pull the dash or pull the bezel? To pull the bezel you remove the stereo and there are two screws in the top of the stereo opening, after those are out the rest is just clips that pop out.
  2. figurhead
    10-14-2009 05:14 PM - permalink
    cartmanea, sorry for bugging you again, but I have another question. Why did you put your pyro on the pedestal vs on the steering column? AND how did you remove your dash? I received the 3 items from GOS (triple pod - lower by knees, steering column pod, and single pedestal pod. I'm thinking BOOST on the pedestal, Pyro on the steering column, Oil & H20 Temps on the sides of my steering wheel (drilled out like you did), and then a single pod mount for the top of the dash for Fuel Press. The triple lower pod will get Trans Temp, Voltage and Ammeter. What do you suggest? Maybe I should aks in a new thread and get a lot of input from others, too.
  3. cartmanea
    10-03-2009 12:01 PM - permalink
    They didn't have the single pod on their website, but I just asked Aden about it on the phone and he had it.
  4. figurhead
    10-02-2009 06:00 PM - permalink
    cartmanea, thanks for the link to your gauge install. I can't find the single pillar gauge install @ GOS PERFORMANCE. I assume that is where you got your stuff. I like the Column Pod they have for the shift column, but I can't see a single pod for below the suicide handle. Any help? I just picked up a bunch of gauges (black, like yours). EGT, Boost, Fuel P, Oil P, Oil T, Trans T, h20 T, voltage and Ammeter. I'll post pics when I get it done. Thanks again for your help.
  5. cartmanea
    05-16-2009 02:54 AM - permalink
    I went with ISSPRO EV2 gauges because they were highly recommended, have lots of options, match well, and are made in Oregon (where I'm from). Here is a thread I made about the install, it should answer all your questions:
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ts-o-pics.html
  6. figurhead
    05-13-2009 07:59 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the info. I have to get the engine and tranny checked, then the X3 is the next addition. Where are your gauges located? Did you have to remove the handle? And what brand gauges do you use? What brands are the better ones? What do you monitor with your gauges? Thanks.
  7. cartmanea
    05-11-2009 05:02 PM - permalink
    Yeah I have the Xcal2, I got it cheap locally on Craigslist so that seemed like a good choice since I'm in college. I have gauges also, so I don't need the monitoring capability. I'd definitely go with an SCT over Edge or Banks, your trans will last a lot longer.
  8. figurhead
    05-08-2009 09:45 AM - permalink
    Sorry to bother you, but I am wondering about the SCT xcal2 (which you are using & i can't find on their website) vs. the SCT SF3 or SCT Livewire or the Banks 6-Gun and others like it. I kind of like the visual Livewire, wehre I can see EGT's and other stuff on the fly. I have an 03 F350 6.0L, 12 Donahoe (Craig Donahoe and I went to high school together), with 38's, and the original owner had the original EDGE Juice programmer, which does monitor EGT's. Sorry if I asked too much, I just wanted some SCT info from one who uses it. Thanks, Chris