Conversation Between Mark Kovalsky and BranMcGr
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. BranMcGr
    12-22-2018 01:01 PM - permalink
    Well that is not good news. Thank you very much for your time, experience, and quick response, Mark.
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    12-22-2018 12:52 PM - permalink
    The place to start is to get the codes read. The places that read codes free CANNOT read these codes. You need either a good independent shop or a Ford dealer

With that many miles, I'm betting that the answer is going to be that the trans needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Mark
  3. BranMcGr
    12-22-2018 12:47 PM - permalink
    That was the only problem I noticed for weeks, until lately the symptoms have increased. Now every time I come to a complete stop, the RPM's will surge a few seconds before kicking into first gear. Also, it is beginning to happen as I'm driving down the road in several different gears. I have been going 30 mph, 50 mph, and over 60 mph when all of a sudden it's like my transmission is in neutral and my RPM's surge up to 3000, but the truck is not responding to the acceleration. I have checked my transmission fluid which is still a good pink color, and plenty full if not over-filled (although I have never added any extra ATF to it, and it's ran fine for years). Based on these symptoms, do you have any advice for me where it sounds like my problem is coming from? Is the Transmission going to need to be rebuilt?, Torque Converter?, wiring? PCM?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
  4. BranMcGr
    12-22-2018 12:47 PM - permalink
    Hey Mark, I joined Ford Truck Enthusiasts and contacted you because I have seen how incredibly experienced you are with Ford Transmissions, and wanted to see if you could offer me any advice. I own a 2001 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with a 5.4L Triton engine and I believe the 4R75W Transmission. The engine has 337,000 miles on it, but was replaced after about 250,000 miles. I am not sure if the transmission has ever been rebuilt or replaced itself, though. A couple of months ago when it started getting cooler, I notice that my truck was taking a moment to engage into first gear once I backed it out of the drive way and went to put it into drive. It would stall a couple seconds before feeling it jump into first.