Sponsored by: DP Tuner

another CCV mod question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 PM
ttttmaxx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another CCV mod question

Got my CCV mod just exiting into the atmosphere back around passenger door, strapped to frame. Dont really care for the smoke while sitting at light idling. Fairly annoying. Anybody got a simple cheap way to capture the smoke? Thought about steel wool in a canister or some sort of charcoal canister. Getting too many stares from cars parked along side my at the stop lights. I can see where that would be annoying to them. Thanks in advance..Maxx

Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A CCV trap will not eliminate the smoke, only trap the oily mist in the smoke or if you have any drips on the ground. I run a trap and vent to atmosphere and still get puffs of smoke at idle. I cannot say if the smoke is less with the trap or without - I've never ran the truck without my trap on it.

That said, I've built a few traps for people that routes back into the intake at the stock location that has helped with cleaning up the oil in the CAC tubes and yet no smoking from under the truck.

Here's what the trap looks like: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...s-and-exs.html

Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, like Chris said, there is a way to reroute the CCV back into the system after catching the residue that eliminates the smoke...i just ran mine to the end of the frame out the azz and let it vent to the atmosphere...never any issues...no smell, no stares...