Sponsored by: Moser

My big 'ol meats arrived today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My big 'ol meats arrived today!!!

So after a 6 month wait, and a heck of alot of cash I shouldn't of spent, I finnally got my new wheels and tires today. Had to wait for them to make them in the right offset and lug pattern, I guess not alot of people need the size I wanted. Anyway, They are 42" x 15" Super Swamper SX2's, wrapped around black 20" x 12", 8 lug, (KMC) XD Rock Stars. They will be going onto my flat black '78 F-150. I wanted a flashy 20" rim, becuse its very different to see on a dent, plus I'm not big on huge tires on tiny 15" wheels. I think the 20" wheel is very proportionate to the big tires, giving a stock looking proportion. Just huge. Sorry to gloat, just so exited I had to tell the world haha
Still can't figure out pic posting on this forum, so if you care, heres my photobucket: http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/l...markline/Ford/

Thanks for looking!

Old 06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
AK FORD GUY
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Now we need a pic of them on the truck.

They look great, I really like that wheel/tire combo.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 AM
highoctane74
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had those rims on my 03 F-150. Nice

Old 06-25-2009, 11:47 PM
bmarkline
Elder User
Thanks for getting my pic up! Howed you do that? I've tried to figure out this pic posting stuff forever now.

They wont be on the truck for a lil while yet. In fact the axles arent even under the truck currently. I was hoping to get it done in time for Carlilse trucks, but I don't think it'll make it this year. Way too much other stuff on my plate right now.

Highoctane74: How did they hold up for you to the elements? Or abuse? I'm a little dissapointed in the cheepo build quality of the center caps, but otherwise I'm happy with them.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
highoctane74
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just used them basically around town. The odd trip down the gravel with quads in the back.The manager where I bought them said he refused to put them on anything bigger than a half ton because they wouldn't stand up. I had no problems though

Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
bmarkline
Elder User
Well, I plan on doing some moderate 4wheeling, mainly mud and rocks, but nothing like I used to do. I think I've grown out of that stage in life...got tired of fixing something after every weekend.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Recoil
Tuned
Nice set up! Those tires are loud as hell, enjoy!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 AM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, those are really cool. Look forward to seeing them on the truck.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:51 AM
AK FORD GUY
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bmarkline
Thanks for getting my pic up! Howed you do that? I've tried to figure out this pic posting stuff forever now.
For pictures that you have downloaded to that site or others like it. You can right click on the picture, select "properties" (usually at the bottom of the drop menu), copy the "Address (URL)". Then while making a post, select the little yellow box (the one that looks like it has a mountain on it) and paste the "Address (URL)" into the line that appears. This does not always work for me, it took about three tries to get the result I was looking for.

Hope this helps and again, NICE COMBO!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
bigdavesohc
Elder User
Nice, good call on getting five of them!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
bmarkline
Elder User
Originally Posted by AK FORD GUY
For pictures that you have downloaded to that site or others like it. You can right click on the picture, select "properties" (usually at the bottom of the drop menu), copy the "Address (URL)". Then while making a post, select the little yellow box (the one that looks like it has a mountain on it) and paste the "Address (URL)" into the line that appears. This does not always work for me, it took about three tries to get the result I was looking for.

Hope this helps and again, NICE COMBO!!!
Testing the pics thing- hope it works...

Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
bmarkline
Elder User
BINGO!!! Thanksalot man, it worked, although I guess you already saw that by now haha. Thats a size comparo pic next to my next minitruck project in waiting.

Yes I got five of them, first off, I figured there was no way to drive home from somewhere with 3, 42"s, and one 28", or whatever factory is. And besides a freind of mine owns a minitruck shop. So I've been kicking around ideas about a cool *** one off roll bar, and setting the tire up in the bed baja style. Its already got a pre runner looking front bumper so it should flow nice. Only we will get crazy with the tube bender like only minitruckers know how. Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to lift that 42" tire/wheel into the bed to change a flat. Its pretty heavy.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:58 AM
1977f150xlt
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
here is a easier method, vs. uploading to this site, or a site, it comes in handy for speedy responses, use it all the time, please follow the link below to a thread i started awhile back, also those are some huge tires! couldn't imagine one of those puppies coming off at highway speed and hitting on coming traffic! ka-boom! also great rim choice, black is nice, and i imagine tire noise is a loud! and i bet mileage really goes out the window, i know this trucks where never designed for MPGs, but dang those tires must subtract about 10 miles to the gallon, but the size is super cool, and thus i guess the extra gas is worth it,

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-pictures.html

also i see you have 8 lug on a F-150? i bet there is some custom work, i will have to check out your gallery, and lets see a pic with these meats on the truck!

put them on that Isuzu Pup lol lol lol, can't say i have ever seen one of those trucks? Pup? where is the big dog for those tires too fit on? lol lol

-Brent

Old 06-27-2009, 01:03 AM
1977f150xlt
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
forgot to ask what was the price for rims and tires? if you don't mind,

also you may need to bolt a small foldaway engine crane on the back of your truck!, to lift the spare into and off the bed! lol lol, and you better have really good mounts for the spare! that thing is huge! i shutter to think the damage it could cause, to you or your truck or someone else on the road or off the road! also i bet the speedo will really be thrown out! lol lol

you need to let us know how road noise is, and how fast you can go! brakes might need to be upgraded, not sure what size you had before? also how much do they weigh? like you said they look tough to move and lift by yourself,

-Brent

Old 06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
why'd you get such small ones?

Quick Reply: My big 'ol meats arrived today!!!