1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F1 Parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
dongc1
Elder User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F1 Parts

I just found a supplier who has new steel lower front fenders for a 48-50.
Has quite a few other goodies as well, I got new rear fender braces from them and they are exactly like the originals. Very nice.
Ford Truck Parts and Repair Panels for your classic truck at Northern Classic Trucks

Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dongc1
I just found a supplier who has new steel lower front fenders for a 48-50.
Has quite a few other goodies as well, I got new rear fender braces from them and they are exactly like the originals. Very nice.
Ford Truck Parts and Repair Panels for your classic truck at Northern Classic Trucks
Unfortunately the link didn't take in Don's post. If you want to look, click on it in the quote above.

Great find Don, Thanks!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,172 Likes on 839 Posts
I read some place the other day Northern was going to offer lower fenders, but $550 a pair? Sacramento Ford used to sell them for, I think, $155 each. I bought a set on the 'Bay a few years back for $75. They were tack welded to a set of rusty uppers. The ones I bought weren't stamped out of one piece like the originals. Mine have a seam about a ½ inch from the front edge:

Here is the image Northern has of theirs:

I wonder if the ones offered by Northern are stamped from one piece like the originals, I couldn't tell from the images they have on their web site. I think I can see the seam but I wound swear to it. I suppose some one could ask them.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Abomination
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those guys ROCK! They have repop rear fender studs for .50 cents each!

~Jason

Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,172 Likes on 839 Posts
I was actually thinking of trying to build these. With the slow economy my business has slowed some so I thought I'd try to make these and some other parts I know aren't being made but are in demand. I don't think it would be all that hard but I would have to have the seam in them, like the repros that I bought. With a price of $550 a pair I'll have to look more seriously at doing it. If I couldn't do it for less than half that I wouldn't do it.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Abomination
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It shouldn't cost all THAT much more to make 'em for the F2+...

~Jason

Originally Posted by bobj49f2
I was actually thinking of trying to build these. With the slow economy my business has slowed some so I thought I'd try to make these and some other parts I know aren't being made but are in demand. I don't think it would be all that hard but I would have to have the seam in them, like the repros that I bought. With a price of $550 a pair I'll have to look more seriously at doing it. If I couldn't do it for less than half that I wouldn't do it.