1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

More HP for 2003 Edge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 11:05 AM
kcork51
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More HP for 2003 Edge?

Hi everybody, just joined the site. Seems like a lot of great info around here for Ford truck lovers. Hope someone out there can give me some good advice.

I owned a 1994 4-banger ranger for 5 years that just recently bit the dust, transmission went out for the third time, so I decided to get a new truck. Other then that though the truck was very reliable, even if it did lack power (I think it may be one of the slowest trucks ever built, but hey, I didn't really need the power).

Anyways, I just recently bought a new 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 2- wheel drive 3.0L extended cab (4doors). I just love the truck. It's my first ever new vehicle and I look forward to driving it every day (It seems like a corvette compared to my last truck). I wanted to get a 4x4, but couldn't find any 2003's left (I was shopping for 2003's because they were really trying to get rid of them, I bought the truck a couple of weeks ago). I also wanted to get a 4.0L but I don't even know if they make those for an Edge that is NOT 4X4. Do they???

Well, here's my main question. What is the easiest way to increase my horsepower in this truck. I'm sure there are lots of ways, but I was wondering if some of yall out there could list some ways to increase HP and the approximate COST of doing these types of enhancements? I do not know alot about cars and trucks (changing oil and tires is about as much as I can do, but I do have knowledgeable friends and family). Basically, I'm a guy with a new truck, not a lotta money, who wants to try and make his new truck faster.

Thank you very much for any advice yall can give.

Kevin

Old 02-21-2004, 05:20 PM
kcork51
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump

Old 02-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE kcork51.
Gibson exhaust (click on the blue words).
Before you do any mods to the truck, check with your dealer about what can be done without voiding the warranty.