Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

1968 F250 german project

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 03:33 AM
niklas42
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1968 F250 german project

Hey folks, I want to introduce myself to this board and show you our project. We are a group of 3 guys from germany and beside our regular job we have a youtube channel. On that we do crazy stuff with old german scrap cars, like Opel Corsa B or Golf 3 which are in such a bad condition that they don't get the "TÜV". This is a test every two years which is needed to get a sign and insurance for the car. The old cars often have so much rust that it is not possible to get them back to the street. So we buy them for little money, crash them and bring them to the scrapyard to get some money back. We also built a driving bathtub with a 1.000 ccm Honda CBR engine. We have a little business with this channel.

Now we got the chance to get a Ford F250 from 1968. But this will not be for destroying like the Opels. We want to use it as our "company streets car". We are really big fans of these american types of cars
We dont work as mechanics or something like that, but we have some nice equipment for working on cars and some knowledge. And one of as has a lot of experience with oldtimer tractors. The car engine should be almost similiar to this - big sized engine, old and reliable We hope to get some help here on this board.

I already read a lot of threads which where very interesting to me. In germany you almost get no information for these types of cars. Good to have you here as the experts
Also the price for spear parts in germany is ridiculous high. A no name set for of engine seals should cost 150 €. I found it from Mahle on rockauto for 48 € plus taxes and duties. But its still cheaper than here.

Now to the car: It should be the 360 engine, due to a sticker on the air filter. The transmission is automatic. I found some bills in the car from a farmer out of Kansas. I'm not having the papers right now, but will get them probably this weekend. It's a custom cab and on the drivers side there is written "CamperSpecial". We do have 2 horns and big mirrors but no sliding rear window? But this should be in the camper special or? Do you know how i can find out if it is really a "CamperSpecial"? Maybe the preowner changed the window?
We are not even sure which oil to use? 15W40? Some german guys say it should be like 20W60?

Our plan is to make the car technically really good but keep the old look and paint. So far the plan is to get the engine out to renew all seals. I already ordered the recommended book for the engine rebuild. Also we want to get headers. But first we will have talk to the german "TÜV" what is allowed for us. If we change the exhaust or the rims at our streets cars, we need a permission for that. Otherwise we are not insured, what is a mandatory and the police will stop your car and take it away....
Spoiler

If you have any questions feel free to ask them. We are really looking foward to our project and to loots of information from you

Greets

Niklas

Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
The truck looks good, good luk on your project, and welcome!.