1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrade tire size for dually

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 09:58 AM
Folly5678
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
upgrade tire size for dually

HI All,

I have seen alot of traffic about tire size but very little for dually tires. I have 36000 on my 2000 dually's General tire 285 75 r16 with lariet rims. Can I get a taller tire for my rims. There seems to be plenty of clearance. I know I have to be careful on the width between the rears. Of course the tire store said no any they will put on whats recommended in their computer.

Any recomendations from those with experience?

Anybody heard of Dayton timberline 10 ply tire? They have a special at tires plus. Somebody told me these are just firstones.

Thanks

Old 04-08-2003, 02:02 AM
SouthernDually
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up upgrade tire size for dually

I think that you have about the largest tires that you can put on the stock rims. I was checking into it and found that a lot of people are going to the Alcoa rims 19.5 all the way around. There are a couple of other companies that are making rims also but as far a stock I think that you are there. Maybe somebody else has a take on it.
I would kind of like to change mine also but its a cost thing to me. After I get a bunch of miles on the OEM then I might consider somthing else. I haven't heard of the Dayton Timberline tires before. Interesting somthing new everyday. Ain't life great.

And God Bless our Troops.