My F600 Crewcab Dually Project - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Reload this Page >

My F600 Crewcab Dually Project

Notices
Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

My F600 Crewcab Dually Project

Old 09-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Big Blue 350
Freshman User
Big Blue 350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't wait to see some more progress on this! This is going to be very cool when finished.

Dan

Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
cajunscout is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wish I could say, it's going great, but I still haven't had time or money to put towards it yet. I'm seeing progress on my other vehicles though, two of the three we use regularly are almost finished. The third is a major rebuild, so I'm still collecting parts for the rebuild.

I'm still looking for a cheaper option for my parts. As it stands, I could have $850 to $1000 in just repair parts for the F600. I found all the parts in one place, but still looking for a cheaper way out, since I don't have the cash anyway.

Thanks for the interest guys. I'm still looking forward to the build and think it's going to look different than the average truck. Just how I like it.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Trying to get started on my project again. Bought a steering box and got someone looking at getting the front end parts soon.

Looking to get the front cab back together to make sure it's all straight before I cut and splice on the new cab section.

Scored some tires and wheels through a friend and hoping I'll be able to make them work.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
White 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputationWhite 97 xlt has a superb reputation
Good to see you back, hope the project goes well for you.. I'll be keeping an eye on you here...

Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
I seen a good idea on a truck from Canada, on the rear of the truck where you install your rear bumper the space where the end of the bed and the bumper meets this guy had put a tool box in as a filler. Looked like it was made of steel, would have really looked great if they had used diamond stamped aluminumun. I don't recall if the door opened up or down. Probably down and laid on the bumper. Just an idea: Hey I'm in Knoxville.....

Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Originally Posted by UrbanXX View Post
I seen a good idea on a truck from Canada, on the rear of the truck where you install your rear bumper the space where the end of the bed and the bumper meets this guy had put a tool box in as a filler. Looked like it was made of steel, would have really looked great if they had used diamond stamped aluminumun. I don't recall if the door opened up or down. Probably down and laid on the bumper. Just an idea: Hey I'm in Knoxville.....
Would like to see pics or a link if you have it.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2012, 09:59 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
I'm sorry I don't have a picture, I just noticed it and thought it was a novel idea. I suppose when you make the brackets for the rear bumper, and mount the bumper the gap between the bed and the bumper would dictate the height of the "filler" or if you chose tool box. I would mount the tool box inside the frame rails and use filler panels of the same material I made the tool box out of on each side. Maybe even putting a bright recessed light on each side for aux. back-up lights in the bumper filler panels, something like recessed fog lights.
I'm planning on doing one of these in the not so distance future. I am always on the look for an idea. My plans are for one 26,000 GVW or less.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Originally Posted by White 97 xlt View Post
Good to see you back, hope the project goes well for you.. I'll be keeping an eye on you here...
Thanks

I'm working on finishing my 68 Scout and then this is on the front burner.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Originally Posted by UrbanXX View Post
I'm sorry I don't have a picture, I just noticed it and thought it was a novel idea. I suppose when you make the brackets for the rear bumper, and mount the bumper the gap between the bed and the bumper would dictate the height of the "filler" or if you chose tool box. I would mount the tool box inside the frame rails and use filler panels of the same material I made the tool box out of on each side. Maybe even putting a bright recessed light on each side for aux. back-up lights in the bumper filler panels, something like recessed fog lights.
I'm planning on doing one of these in the not so distance future. I am always on the look for an idea. My plans are for one 26,000 GVW or less.
I've got a lot of ideas of what I want on it, but finding a place will be the interesting part. I don't want it to look like a service truck, but would like having the functionality. Still got a long way to go.

Thanks

Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
I understand what you mean, my idea of one would be on the order of the International MTX the factory made big truck.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
burnout400m
Posting Guru
burnout400m is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is cool. I saw another thread where a guy did the same thing with a chevy. I'd love to do one myself some day but for my intended use I'd just have a flatbed, probably long enough to load a car on. I'll be honest, I've never seen one of these "pickups" where the rear fenders looked right. I really like the way 78 tackled the fenders on his bronco but that wouldn't be an option on a later style truck.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Originally Posted by burnout400m View Post
This is cool. I saw another thread where a guy did the same thing with a chevy. I'd love to do one myself some day but for my intended use I'd just have a flatbed, probably long enough to load a car on. I'll be honest, I've never seen one of these "pickups" where the rear fenders looked right. I really like the way 78 tackled the fenders on his bronco but that wouldn't be an option on a later style truck.
Thanks for the interest. I'm looking forward to getting it started. I've got an IH Scout project in the works now, and need to get it finished first.

I decided to do the dually pickup because it'll be a multi use truck for me. Fully dressed truck could have a slide-in camper with a dual vehicle bumper pull type trailer with winch for long haul pickups. I plan to have a generator and compressor built in underneath.

As for the fenders I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the dually style rears cut and fiberglass them to the F600 front fender to have them match. It's a big project, I'm still getting parts together, but I'll get there one day soon.

Thanks,
John B.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:30 PM
burnout400m
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cajunscout View Post
Thanks for the interest. I'm looking forward to getting it started. I've got an IH Scout project in the works now, and need to get it finished first.

I decided to do the dually pickup because it'll be a multi use truck for me. Fully dressed truck could have a slide-in camper with a dual vehicle bumper pull type trailer with winch for long haul pickups. I plan to have a generator and compressor built in underneath.

As for the fenders I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the dually style rears cut and fiberglass them to the F600 front fender to have them match. It's a big project, I'm still getting parts together, but I'll get there one day soon.

Thanks,
John B.
Sounds like it'll be pretty darn cool when it's done. Internationals are cool, but I know more about time travel than working on an IH so I guess I'll just stick my chevys and fords.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM
cajunscout
Junior User
Originally Posted by burnout400m View Post
Sounds like it'll be pretty darn cool when it's done. Internationals are cool, but I know more about time travel than working on an IH so I guess I'll just stick my chevys and fords.
If you get the whole flux capacitor thing worked out, I'll gladly share my IH knowledge with you in trade.

The saying goes, when that IH rust gets into your blood, it's an addiction. I've been addicted for well over 10 years now.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:02 PM
burnout400m
Posting Guru
Actually I found a few articles on cracked.com about it that made my head spin. Then I started searching it more and my head exploded. My face is splattered all over my monitor right now. It's pretty gross.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My F600 Crewcab Dually Project

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: