1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

2000 ranger 3.0 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 AM
aka rotten
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ranger 3.0 ?

As stated 2000 ranger 3.0,Only problem i,m having as hunting season commin up and i load 5x12 trailer and 2 four wheelers on it at night every car approching me flashes there headlights because i blind them.When not pulling trailer,no problems.So some suggestions on shocks please,I,m leaning towards air shocks,good or bad move?Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 AM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
You might have too much tongue weight. Is the trailer level? Do you need to raise the hitch ball to level the trailer or adjust the load?

Old 10-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Rangerman Stan
Elder User
aka rotten: Yes your air shock idea will help level the load. Just make sure they both have the same pressure in them. You could also use air bags that bolt to the axle on each side or heavier duty spring packs could replace your stock spring packs. Or you could get some bolt on helper springs. Just a few options to think about.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:05 AM
aka rotten
Freshman User
These air bags asyou speak of,what kinda problems installing them and where do you get them?Thanks

Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Rangerman Stan
Elder User
One brand of air bag I can think of is "Air Lift". Some auto parts stores carry them or can order them. Some performance shops handle them and off road shops. Also a travel trailer store may have them or can get them. Usually they just bolt to the rear axle so the inflatable rubber bladder is between the axle housing and where the frame rail passes over it and bolts to it also with the brackets that come with them. Not sure if they still have some just for small pickups but if not, the full size pick up airbags can be adapted to the Ranger size trucks. They're made of heavy duty rubber so they last a long time. They can be inflated individually like a tire or maybe hooked to a manifold to inflate together. Check around for availability.