Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Aussie 7.3ltr owners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:24 PM
O SEA D
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
I know it's way far off but remember to get pictures for those of us on the other side of the world. I don't know about everyone else but I've always thought it was pretty neat seeing how stuff is in other parts of the world.

Something I've always wondered....

On a manual trans when the driver sits on the right hand side of the vehicle as you do in Australia what is the shift pattern like?

R 1 3 O/D----------------------O/D 3 1 R
---------------- Or is it--------------
L 2 4-------------------------------4 2 L

I dont know about yours NK but mine is the same as above on my 05 manual.

R-1-3-O/D
L-2-4

If yours is

1-3-5
2-4-6-R

we must have different gearboxes.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:17 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks. Something I've always wondered and never known. Now I know.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
bluescrew
Elder User
another thing i noticed about the aussie trucks-those are some stubby side mirrors!! even smaller than the 'sport' ones here

Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by O SEA D
I dont know about yours NK but mine is the same as above on my 05 manual.

R-1-3-O/D
L-2-4

If yours is

1-3-5
2-4-6-R

we must have different gearboxes.
No mines auto,i just thought thats how it would be,how many people would bang it in reverse thinking it was first hehheheh

Old 09-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Timf350
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSSimon
Depends what people want to do. There are plenty of parks in Canberra that have hosted car shows, and plenty of accommodation types and styles as well.
Heading to a country town could be nice, have a barbie lunch and hit a hotel for the night.

However, I know my better half would prefer somewhere to go shopping while we share and compare our PSDs.

I know there is a huge Shannon's Wheels festival at old Parliament House. I could talk to the organizers and see if we can get a F-Truck area reserved in that. There's all sorts of stuff on show there, it's usually early March from memory.
Hi Guy There are heaps of little town pubs not far from ACT Bungendore ,Tarago. are just two and only 20 to 30 min from ACT, some OK accommodation.and a good fire.Could go to Captains Flat if your into deliverance country

Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No squealing allowed.....and sure as hell dont want to hear about pretty lips..

Old 09-14-2010, 06:35 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Right, so what's the shopping like at Captains Flat (which, for our US brothers, is virtually an old mining ghost town). Like my wife's going to be really keen to go there (not)!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Timf350
Junior User
Originally Posted by SSSimon
Right, so what's the shopping like at Captains Flat (which, for our US brothers, is virtually an old mining ghost town). Like my wife's going to be really keen to go there (not)!
Hey my wife loves shopping there, she gets lots of guns and ammo, plus lot of chewing tobacco and the occasional banjo string.chops the wood and cooks the road kill.as if.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
OK, the plan is to have an F-truck GTG at Shannon Wheels Sunday 27th March 2011 which is in Canberra, Australia just in front of Old Parliament House.

See:
Council of ACT Motor Clubs: Shannons Wheels 2011

I'm going to contact the organizing club and get an 'FTE Australian Chapter' space reserved - in the first instance I will request enough space for 10 effies - between ChunderDownUnder and me we reckon we've already got 8 who'd be keen.

The event is on the lawns of Old Parliament House, on the south side of the Lake Burley Griffin, Canberra - between National Library and Questicon (Science entertainment) buildings on one side, and the High Court, and National Galleries on the other. There will be tons of different vehicles on display and lots of food vendors in the immediate vicinity. There is also Old Parliament House to visit, if anyone gets time, which itself has a cafe/restaurant and museum of democracy - you can even visit the old office of the Prime Minister, the last resident of which was PM Bob Hawke.

This year there were 1250 cars on display - it is also a charity fundraiser so we'll have to pass the hat around for donations to the charity of the day.

So fun, fellowship, and cultural enrichment all on the one day in the one place...

I'll arrange some trophies as well. So far I can think of - 1) longest drive to the event, 2) F-series which looks to best earns it's keep, 3) People's choice - most desirable truck.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Good work Simon. I will look at some accommodation and advise.. Mark the calender its on for young and old.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Sounds good...

Old 09-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
Unhappy Missin' Out!!

G'day Fellas,
Bugger..I'm at sea all of March. But let's hope this will start some annual/biannual GTG. Having it in conjunction with an established event is a good idea; a lot of like minded motor enthusiasts around.
You blokes have a good GTG, maybe I'll see ya'll at the next GTG??

Cheers,
Reg

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: AIS Intake, Zoodad, Cowl Hood, IH Emblems, AIH deleted, DIY CCV , BT Muffler & MBRP 4” Black Tip, RiffRaff FRx, JWVB, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, BD Deep Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims. HD Rear spring set, Front leveler spring, ffice:smarttags" /><ST1lace w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comDual</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Tower</st1:PlaceType></ST1lace> shocks front, Tough Dog Steering Damper. GVM (GVWR) Upgraded to 5,000kg LT Rated F350+.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Hey Diesel Sub, we'll post some pics and plan the next one. You'll have to post your no-show dates for future reference.

Also, people feel free to PM me regarding the type of accommodation you'd like and the dates. I know Canberra pretty well - if it happens that people are looking for the same type of accommodation I'll try to get a group discount.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Timf350
Junior User
sounds good.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 AM
a4df350
New User
I'm keen, only if I finish this LHD to RHD conversion, otherwise be there minus truck.

Quick Reply: Aussie 7.3ltr owners.