Paint and Body Work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Racerdave
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint and Body Work?

I have a 77 F-100 and It needs some minor body work. Cab is dent free all that needs work in the cab is the on the floor its rusted near the edge of the door. The box needs the most work, its a Shortbox and the rear upper fender wells in the box need to be replaced with Replacement pannels. I live in the northwest washington area and was wondering how much it would cost me to get a decent paint job (or how much black paint would cost me and how much I would need to paint the Interior and Exterior). And if somone recomends a place I will look into it. Thanks for any help.!

Old 02-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Racerdave
Elder User
Paint and Body Work?

any help would be great.... Also If the moderator could move this to the 73-79 forum. that would be great because i seem to get more replys in there.. thanks

Old 02-23-2003, 06:28 PM
4starcstms
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Paint and Body Work?

Well sorry to say but it is very hard to price a paint job, You can do the bodywork and cheap out and goto a place like Macco who paint whole cars for less than 500. However I can tell you that I charge between 2000 and 2500 for a total paint job, with no bodywork required. Black will probably be a higher priced color.

As for the amt of paint, depends on how many coats you want to do, I suppose that you could get it painted in 2 qts + reducer, I genrally order a Gallon + a Gallon of Clear.

Hope this helps

Old 02-25-2003, 12:56 PM
karljay
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paint and Body Work?

He's right, I had a car done for just over $500 and it peeled and didn't look that good.

I painted my truck myself and used 2 gal of black single stage and 4 gal of epoxy primer. I did inside the cab, doors, back side of fenders, inbetween the bed sidewalls and all the exteror parts.

As far as somewhere to go and what to pay, I'd say a nice paint job is going to be $2000~$4000.

I've had 3 cars painted by a cheap place and painted 4 myself. The ones I did myself came out better, even the fist one. Cheap places just don't take the time to do it right.

Old 02-25-2003, 06:19 PM
Racerdave
Elder User
Paint and Body Work?

Anyone here good at painting? I am willing to pay good $$ for labor.....?