Grease Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:25 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grease Removal

Hey guys,

I'm to the point of my crew cab project that I need to give the chassis, tranny, x-case and various other parts a good cleaning. We don't own a Hotsee so I was planning on loading everything up on the trailer and hauling it to a car wash at one of the neighboring towns. I was wondering if any of you know of or have used any really good grease removers that I could spray on the parts to help the power of a car wash clean things up. I don't need everything to be perfectly clean as this is going to be a 'work' truck, but I would like to get it as clean as I can with the resources that I have. I plan on painting everything afterwards so I would like to get most of the grease off. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
planehunter
Elder User
Grease

I don't recal the exact name (too many beers) but it's Purple Something and you can get it at any good auto parts store or Walmart. Spray on full strength and wait 30 mins.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had pretty good luck with just the high pressure hot water at the car washes like you said. Ill check with my auto parts guy on what he uses. Hes kind off an expert on this kind off thing. Hope the project is going well for you. Its really great weather for working on the truck

Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
The stuff I used came from wal mart, in a purple bottle. Worked really well on my frame, using a pressure washer.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM
The Freak
Senior User
"Too much beer".....I don't know anything about that....LOL!!!
Hey Joel, yeah, if you could find out and let me know, that would be great!! FYI.....I'm having a bday party over at the shop on the 18th. Take a road trip if you don't have anything going on. The normal suspects will be floating around.

Looks like I'll be heading to Wal-Mart to see if I can find 'the purple bottle'. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!!

Thanks guys!!