6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

day two of my 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
builttoughf350
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
day two of my 2011

Heres my pros and cons so far on my truck.

2011 F350 Crew Cab long box

the interior is WAY smaller than my 2006 crew cab. it not only looks smaller, it FEELS smaller. it IS smaller. i feel pinched into the seats. how? why would a company offer LESS cab room ?

the door pockets and little storage areas are smaller. i had all the tools i needed in the door pockets of my old truck. the new ones are shorter, not as deep either. this is lame !

the flip up console is half the size inside. i can see where there is WAY more plastic taking up valuable storage space. sure, there is a second storage spot under it, but you have to flip the whole dang thing up to get to it.

I already have an oil leak around the front / above the oil pan.

Ive already said 3 times now if i designed this truck, it would be EXACTLY like my 2006 but with the 6.7 liter drive train. heck, i dont even know how ill fit my usually camping / hunting gear in there now with he smaller cab space. i cant even slide a rifle under the rear bench seat !

the pros- this thing has AWESOME power. and great mileage to boot. i had to work this morning, loaded the brush from a 55 foot tall ash tree into my 6,000 pound dump trailer.. you couldnt even feel the loaded trailer behind the truck !!!!

i do like some of the features / buttons / instruments.

I REALLY like the mirrors on this truck. shows my trailer / sides of the truck well.

the questions...

do i pull the 4x4 button towards me to lock in the differentials?

does the traction control on effect how it takes off... if a person needed to "show off?"

do i have to reset the trailer gain everytime or does it at least store that ?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pull the button to lock the rear diff.

Traction control will stop your wheel spin. I know this 'cause I laid some rubber with it Fri. TC on = little bit smoke, TC off = smoke the rears as much as you want.

You can store trailer info. When you plug in your trailer you get access through the "truck applications" window, page over until you see the trailer screen where is tells you accumulated mileage on your active trailer. Then select "options" and you can assign a name to your trailer. I have 6 trailers stored and I make whichever trailer my "active" one whenever I go. Really nice feature, now I can easily track how many miles I have on all my trailer tires/bearings, etc.... It's a real nice setup.

You can put a rifle in the lockable storage tray under the rear seats if you remove the little divider they put where the two seats meet. Blast me if you want but it's probably a good idea to lock it anyway.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Tacswa3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by builttoughf350
I already have an oil leak around the front / above the oil pan.
Don't feel bad, on day 2 of having my 2011 F-250 I noticed a power steering fluid leak. Had to have the whole steering box replaced. I still can't tell if the leak stopped because there is still residual fluid everywhere.

And yes, I do believe you pull the 4x4 **** towards you to engage the differential.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:30 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't have one and I'm envious but another stellar idea would be to read the manual.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:36 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I turn the traction control off just about every time I drive the truck. The way the traction control shuts the power down aggravates me. I do use the same traction control I used before they computerized it, my right foot. With traction control off, locker on, rubber in first 3 gears. Too much fun.

I believe you have the first oil leak I have heard about. I had the only fan clutch failure reported here so far. The problems have been so few and far between to date that the Dodge boys over at Rvnet are getting worried.

I do not notice a smaller cab from my 04 F250 and I am a large guy. I do agree the new center console that comes in the 2/3 - 1/3 front seat is way short on storage. I really like the rear under seat locking storage but I have not tried to put my 300 Ultra Mag in it yet.

Regards

Old 09-05-2010, 08:19 PM
builttoughf350
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
I don't have one and I'm envious but another stellar idea would be to read the manual.

you must have more free time than i do !

Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM
mvedepo
Senior User
Maybe its the pilot in me, but I have ready the manual and diesel supplement a couple times and I don't even have the truck yet. I can't imagine dropping $60,000 on a truck without reading the manual. I like to know my vehicle.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also a pilot, I have read the manual and I still do not understand the Synch.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:11 PM
mvedepo
Senior User
I have read a lot about sync. There are also some great Sync videos on YouTube.

What do you fly?

Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
jstange2
Junior User
If you notice, there is a shoulder belt for the center passenger in the armrest. I'm sure there is a lot of structure in there to support the added stress of an accident with the belt utilized.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
My08F250FX4
Freshman User
Originally Posted by mvedepo
Maybe its the pilot in me, but I have ready the manual and diesel supplement a couple times and I don't even have the truck yet. I can't imagine dropping $60,000 on a truck without reading the manual. I like to know my vehicle.
Originally Posted by rickatic
Also a pilot, I have read the manual and I still do not understand the Synch.

I haven't read the manual either, the only only thing I've researched is the "do's and dont's" regarding the motor, other than that, I just jump in it and go......an absolute pleasure to drive, even more so when comparing it to all the issues I had with my '08.......just hope it stays that way.
(Retired "Navy Air Intercept Controller" here)

Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
mvedepo
Senior User
Originally Posted by My08F250FX4
(Retired "Navy Air Intercept Controller" here)
Leave it to a darn controller to skip the instructions!

Old 09-05-2010, 10:04 PM
brmpipes
Elder User
im only 5foot5in on a good day.I find the interior roomy for me.I havent found a good spot for my 2way radio for work yet for mounting.I just made up a seat bracket and can remove radio in about 5min now.hope to find a good spot as to not loose my cup holder or other conveniance items.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
My08F250FX4
Freshman User
Originally Posted by mvedepo
Leave it to a darn controller to skip the instructions!

too funny....all I need is the "Element Brief" (do's and dont's) schooling goes at a later time, too funny!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,582 Likes on 734 Posts
Somebody flipped a rock up and broke my windshield the first week I had the truck. Heard a tick and started looking to see where it hit, about 10 seconds later a line ran across the windshield. Just my luck.

I don't mind the new interior. I find the seats more comfortable than my 2000, 2003 and 2006 trucks. The storage under the drink holders is a little awkward to get into.

I'm a little worried about tire wear. I haven't done any intentional burn outs. But I have felt the tires give a little when I've had to jump into traffic quickly.

Quick Reply: day two of my 2011