Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:20 AM
93Fodge
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy

Just saying Howdy from the Waco area.

About me... Well, I'm a bit touched, as I've been a Ford man my whole life. I grew up turning wrenches with my dad on his DD '63 stepside with a 292 & 3 on the tree pickup. Funny thing was, I still can't tell you why we did. That truck would always run for Dad.

My first car was a '65 Mustang coupe that I bought out of a pasture, with a 200 I6, 3speed, and accident damaged front end. Before I graduated HS, I had 3 mustangs, 2 builders and 1 parts car. Still have the one that I dropped a 302 & toploader 4speed into, but its been sitting for almost a decade now.

I went away from my roots for a few years, started driving a Dodge, and building Jeeps. I know, the shame is almost too much to bear. Then I found redemption. I bought a '77 F150 4x4 that I built into a mud toy. 38" Boggers, lockers, lift kit, 400, 4 speed, all the good toys.

My DD, though, was that '94 Dodge Ram with a cummins & a NV4500 5speed. Typical damn Dodge Cummins, motor and transmission were great, body was falling apart. Well, there I was minding my own business when I stumbled across a pristine '93 F250 with a locked up 7.3 IDIT, and a 5 speed. Very little convincing was needed, and me and my mad scientist buddy tore into the F250. Measurements were taken, and in about 3 weekends, we had yanked the 7.3/ZF5 out of the F250, built some motor mounts, routed the plumbing, and dropped the Cummins/NV4500 into the front of the F250. The Fodge, as I've taken to calling my Frankentruck, was ALIVE! I finished the swap on June 13, 2010, and since then I've been dressing the Fodge up to my liking. Came to FTE for pictures, and found that its much easier to search the site as a member.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard Fodge
You will not find any better place to discuss technical issues and shoot the bull. If you have not yet to joined the chapter, find the sticky thread in the chapter and post over to Scotty and then put yourself on the map in the map thread. After 25 post you can get your signature going and have a few other privildges.