1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Help 58 brake booster

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:31 PM
mbrowne
Cross-Country

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help 58 brake booster

Is there someone that can post a picture of a 58 with a FE motor and a power brake booster. What I was thinking of doing was mounting the booster in the old clutch cylinder hole for better valve cover clearance.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
El Jim
New User
My Booster is mounted on the driver's side fender, there seems to be plenty of clearance (60 f100/390)

Old 08-21-2010, 12:35 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Mbrowne,hello and welcome.There is a seller on EBay,who has a combination power brake booster with dual chamber master cylinder,he regularly has them there,even in a chrome version.They have an extension bracket that extends it past the clutch cylinder for clearance.Doesn't look the best,or even remotely stock,but does allow the safety of a dual circuit brake system,something that you can't do with the stock Hydrovac unit.Hydrovacs are not that easy to find any more,nor are the rebuild kits.There are,however, rebuilders out there.It's another option.I can get you that sellers name ,but will be later this weekend.I bought one of the units,but it has not yet managed to installed itself on my 59.I'm still holding out for a stock Hydrovac.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM
mbrowne
Cross-Country

I do not need to clear the clutch master cylinder I have an auto. I would like to mount the booster in the clutch master cylinder hole for more engine clearance. Would like to see a picture of a FE with a booter mounted.