Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DP Tuner Control location?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 AM
F-250 Super Duty
All Around Good Guy
F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.
DP Tuner Control location?

I already know most will say it's personal preference but I'd like some insight.

I have the F5 in the cart with the round controller ready to push the buy button. I have a three pod pillar and was torn between putting in a four or getting the mount on top of the steering column for the controller.

Who has what? Which one do you like? Is there any problems with the one on the column, like seeing the wires or the back of the guage etc?

I like the idea of the four pillar mount but that takes away adding a fuel pressure gauge or HPOP gauge later....... but then controller can be move later too.....

Any thoughts?

Old 08-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Deluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to behold
Got mine in the pillar. Easy to get to if I need to go to 120r

Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
gasgrunt88
Elder User
gasgrunt88 has a good reputation on FTE.gasgrunt88 has a good reputation on FTE.
Mine is on the pillar. Easy to get to as its right under my gauges.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I used Jody's JMS mount and installed my changer here:

Stewart

Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 AM
cvdenson
Senior User
cvdenson is starting off with a positive reputation.
I mounted my F5 in the ashtray. Was going for stealth.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
kccatpower is starting off with a positive reputation.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:19 PM
bulla
Postmaster
bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.
[quote=Stewart_H;9232041]I used Jody's JMS mount and installed my changer here:
Stewart, I know this is off the subject but do you or anyone else know what those vents are for right below the DP Tuner switch? Me and Rick were noticing in my truck I had them and he didnt. Our trucks are both the same year and make cc drw lariet. Just curious?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Mark250
Senior User
Mark250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Made a bracket for mine using the mount screws for my brake controller, so it sits just right of the brake controller. Didn't want to cut any holes in the dash.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bulla View Post
Stewart, I know this is off the subject but do you or anyone else know what those vents are for right below the DP Tuner switch? Me and Rick were noticing in my truck I had them and he didnt. Our trucks are both the same year and make cc drw lariet. Just curious?
They are there so you can mount an aftermarket tweeter.

I really have no clue. Asthetic reasons?

Stewart

Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 PM
bama29fan
Posting Guru
bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.bama29fan has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
They are there so you can mount an aftermarket tweeter.

I really have no clue. Asthetic reasons?

Stewart
where is the dinger/door chime...could it be to make it more audible?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Dunno, I'll have to check.

Stewart

Old 08-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Bonanza35
Post Fiend
Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
There is a mount that goes around one of your three gauges that allows you to put the square mount head on either side of you gauge. It looks great the buttons are right there and you don't need the four gauge pillar. I have it on mine and really like it. I didn't want to cut a hole in the dash, and I mit want that forth hole for a gauge for something else. Call jody or james, I got mine from John Woods when I put my trans in. I don't know how to post pictures or I would show you, God Bless, Chet

Old 08-18-2010, 02:28 PM
F-250 Super Duty
All Around Good Guy
F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.F-250 Super Duty has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by kccatpower View Post
I thought of that option also, looks good and didn't know if there was room behind the dash. Now I see there is.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
USAF CCM
Elder User
USAF CCM has a good reputation on FTE.USAF CCM has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by kccatpower View Post
This is where mine is too! Since I have no-start and the controller is almost out of "line-of-sight", it gives me some peace of mind when leaving vehicle somewhere other than my driveway.....and even in my driveway!

This location allows for very easy switching of tunes too, just incase I run into a pokey driver!

Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
kccatpower is starting off with a positive reputation.
i like this location, for me i can put it in no start, remove the key in one motion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DP Tuner Control location?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.