6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone get the re-flash yet, or the new truck???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LaxPlaya21
Oooh you know you can't resist a free tune! One that is backed by a Ford warranty! Hahahahaa. In what ways does your new truck run better than the 6.4. I rode in my buddies 6.7 and it seemed great... the tranny was awesome. However, in another year from now I will need some good reasons to justify another trade upgrade haha.
In what ways does your new truck run better than the 6.4 ?.: No turbo lag, better acceleration, smoother shifting, quieter,not to mention the difference in MPG.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Rick Cargo
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Can some one please explain this Re-Flash???? Rick.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo

August 3, 2010

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: EFC0202250DC Announcing 2011MY Super Duty Performance and Capability Enhancements

The 2011MY Super Duty is off to a phenomenal start, with total retail sales and market share exceeding objectives. This truck is a homerun! Well, the best heavy-duty truck in the segment is about to get better! We are thrilled to announce performance, fuel economy, and capability enhancements to the new 2011MY Super Duty. These enhancements are a credit to the continuous improvement and testing efforts of our Engineering and Manufacturing teams. We know customers value power, capability, fuel economy and durability, and we moved quickly to bring these enhancements into the market place.

In addition, we are announcing a new, first-ever Customer Satisfaction Program – 10B17 to provide the same horse power, torque and fuel economy upgrades for customers that have already purchased or leased a 2011 Super Duty pickup with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® diesel.

Attached are the press releases sent to media today. Here are the details:

Performance/Capability Enhancements

The Ford built 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel, already praised by customers and journalists for its power, quietness, and fuel economy will raise the bar even higher. The result of additional durability and capability testing, the new 6.7L Power Stroke® diesel will now be rated at best-in-class 800 lb.-ft. of torque and 400 horsepower, an increase of 65 lb.-ft. of torque and 10 horsepower compared to when the all-new Ford-engineered and Ford-built engine went on sale earlier this year. The 6.7L Power Stroke® diesel's best-in-class fuel economy will be improved as well – now 20% better than the outgoing pickup models (vs. 18% at launch). Production at Kentucky Truck Plant with these performance upgrades will begin on August 5th.
Starting with production on August 9th, one of the heavy haulers in the 2011 Ford F-Series Super Duty lineup – the F-350 Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) - will add vehicle upgrades that will bring maximum payload and maximum fifth-wheel towing to best-in-class levels. Higher-strength steel in the frame will boost the payload and towing ratings as follows:
F-350 DRW maximum payload to 7,070 pounds, from 6,520 pounds
F-350 DRW maximum fifth-wheel towing to 22,600 pounds, from 21,600 pounds
Customer Satisfaction Initiative

Super Duty has more loyal owners than any truck in the heavy duty segment and many of these customers have already purchased a new 2011 Super Duty pickup. We understand the importance of these customers! With this in mind, we are pleased to announce we will be offering a first-ever, no-charge horsepower and torque upgrade Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 to all owners that have purchased or leased a new 2011MY Super Duty pickup with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel. Here are some high level details:

SERVICE ACTION: It is anticipated that Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 will be provided to dealers by August 31, 2010, once the IDS service release is available. Dealers will then be able to reprogram the PCM and TCM to the latest calibration.
CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION: Owners of affected vehicles will be notified approximately one to two weeks after the release of Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17.
OASIS AND FSA VIN LISTS: OASIS will be activated when Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 is released to identify the affected vehicles. FSA VIN Lists will also be available to identify vehicles assigned to individual dealerships. Owner names and addresses will be available after the customer notification.
STOCK VEHICLES: Dealers are strongly encouraged to begin updating their affected in-stock vehicles once Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 is released.
A more detailed communication of Customer Satisfaction Program 10B17 will be sent out later this month.

Please note, due to hardware changes, there are no plans to upgrade the payload and towing capability of 2011MY F-350 DRW's already sold to customers or in dealer stock. Only F-350 DRW units built after August 9th will receive this additional capability.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick Cargo
ford has a new engine/tranny program to load into the computer.. reflash is the process of the update..
(put new program into flash memory, erasing prior program)..

New program will be available starting in September..
few more HP and torque.. (400/800) vs the 390/785 (I think) now..

sam

Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 PM
murphy4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im new to posting at the forum but i have been following since february(when i ordered my truck). i recieved the update last Wednesday!! Plenty of power and I really have noticed the jump in economy

Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
stf26
Junior User
How did you get the flash so early?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
That will raise a few eyebrows. This makes 2 guys who claim they have the new flash.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
murphy4
New User
First of all I love the truck.... but ive had an low oil pressure light on sinc ethe day i picked it up. the dealership , under fords instructions replaced the pcm and gave me the re flash in a last ditch effort to fix the issue. its still on but pulls like a train!

Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 AM
stf26
Junior User
I guess we all need to claim we have low oil pressure. hahaha

Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 AM
skylinekw
Senior User
I asked my dealer on friday and he has not heard anything about it. he was going to check with the service dept.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 AM
frt2599
Senior User
Originally Posted by murphy4
First of all I love the truck.... but ive had an low oil pressure light on sinc ethe day i picked it up. the dealership , under fords instructions replaced the pcm and gave me the re flash in a last ditch effort to fix the issue. its still on but pulls like a train!
Murphy... Did you see an difference in the transmission shifting patters in the first three gears after the flash? Some have complained about it being jerky...

Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
My wife tells me I'm kinda jerky at times...

Old 08-23-2010, 10:04 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
It is only 8 more days before we can all find out how much better our already awesome trucks will perform.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
dpwilson
Elder User
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
My wife tells me I'm kinda jerky at times...
LOL, same here. I've gotta play nice for the next six months in order to get my 2011. Just sold the trouble free '99 and will be buying a new truck in early spring.

Who did you purchase your truck from in Salt Lake?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:25 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by dpwilson
LOL, same here. I've gotta play nice for the next six months in order to get my 2011. Just sold the trouble free '99 and will be buying a new truck in early spring.

Who did you purchase your truck from in Salt Lake?
LHM Ford off of 13th south west of I-15. Those guys did a really great job for me and were very accommodating during the agonizing order period. They looked up the order status whenever I asked (without making me feel like a pain in the rear) and let me pick up the truck personally at the Union Pacific Roper terminal close to the dealership. Their follow-up post sale has been really aggressive as well. Makes me feel appreciated. My only complaint was that they tried to sneak in an extra garbage charge in the sale. I caught that and saved $495.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the re-flash yet, or the new truck???