Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:43 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
So you finally found a sucker to unload that rust bucket on.........
Sorry to hear that the EX had to go Michael, but at least you still have a garage (and driveway) full of other cool toys.
Hopefully you will continue to stay active here, I do enjoy reading your comments and seeing things from your perspective.
Thanks Tom!

Old 04-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
New diff cover and Crown brake lines installed

Old 04-11-2016, 03:02 PM
7.3Excursion4x4
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dropped the X off at the body shop to get some repairs to the repairs the body shop performed a couple years ago. Sucks to lose it for a week but at least I'm getting the whole thing re-painted for free

Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Apoc at Twitch's place = epic beard overload
Start growing yours out and the we can all get together to wrench! We can stop for food and go out and when the server walks up we can tell her we're lumberjacks here for a convention (Lumbercon) and when she mentions we all drive the same truck we can either say "Huh, I guess we do..." Or "Well yeah, that's standard issue lumberjack transportation."

Old 04-11-2016, 03:50 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 833 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Start growing yours out and the we can all get together to wrench! We can stop for food and go out and when the server walks up we can tell her we're lumberjacks here for a convention (Lumbercon) and when she mentions we all drive the same truck we can either say "Huh, I guess we do..." Or "Well yeah, that's standard issue lumberjack transportation."

No can do on the beard, never could have one between 30 years in the Fire Dept and a career in the Oil Refinery. Beards do not mix well with wearing respirators and SCBAs, must be clean shaven all the time. I've had to do with my near epic moustache all of my adult life, I have NEVER shaved my upper lip my entire life. I do trim it of course.

If lumberjacks did have a standard issue vehicle, I think the EX would make an Excellent one!

Old 04-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Diagnosed the PVH valve was bad, ordered it, had front tires balanced, replaced steering tie rod.

Tomorrow ordering new driveshaft from Caroline driveshaft, CV jointed.

Oh yeah, cleaned the inside of all the windows while waiting for them to get to me for the balance.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:51 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Oldguyfl
Diagnosed the PVH valve was bad, ordered it, had front tires balanced, replaced steering tie rod.

Tomorrow ordering new driveshaft from Caroline driveshaft, CV jointed.

Oh yeah, cleaned the inside of all the windows while waiting for them to get to me for the balance.
Did you clean out the dry leaves

Old 04-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I took off all of my roof rails, even the mounting strips.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Did you clean out the dry leaves

I got THOSE out as soon as I got home the next day. Did find a little one today in the back though

Old 04-11-2016, 07:52 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, the Ex is fine, knock on wood, but for a Monday, this day totally sucked!

Lets just say that my retirement from working for Uncle Sam can't come soon enough! I am so tired of the stupid bureaucracy that seems to be around more, and more, and more. That and a have little love for what I do, why I do it, and who I have to do it for. There is no longer joy in what I do at work, and since most of my life is spent at the office, going to and from the office, I guess you could say that my life pretty much sucks... FML

I know the civilian world will most likely be no better, at least it will be something new!

Rant over!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Are those jack stands or tomato cages?
Those are actually the heaviest duty stands I have ever owned. 10 or 12 ton, I can't remember.

Apoc at Twitch's place = epic beard overload.

New brakes, lines, catch pans and tomato cages look great! It's also good to see that you are now able to squat down like that, I guess the foot is healing well?
Too bad you couldn't have made it out man.

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
That's great you guys can get together to work. 4 hour trip or so? Looking good!
We have been talking about them coming up for a while. Getting all the work done to the trucks was just a bonus.

Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Well I can't even say I'd use a drain pan for brake fluid usually... That usually just ends up on the driveway n washed into the gravel. Lmao.
Since we were doing the rear different as well it made sense. Also don't want the little ones playing in the drive and getting covered in oil or other vehicle fluids.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:12 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by USCG_PA

Lets just say that my retirement from working for Uncle Sam can't come soon enough! I am so tired of the stupid bureaucracy that seems to be around more, and more, and more. That and a have little love for what I do, why I do it, and who I have to do it for. There is no longer joy in what I do at work, and since most of my life is spent at the office, going to and from the office, I guess you could say that my life pretty much sucks... FML

I know the civilian world will most likely be no better, at least it will be something new!

Rant over!
Wow that's a mouth full... I deal with both active CG and the free of that crappy job almost everyday!

Get use to smiling now, I'll stop there

Your constipation will be cured now, ok enough.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:13 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA

Rant over!
I feel your rant 100%. I become a Mr. In 1 month from Friday....dealing with the VA right now getting the full work up. If you can embrace the suck on the inside these days for long enough to retire you can surely make it anywhere else. 21 years worth for me. Hang in there!

Old 04-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Thanks Tom!
Oh dang, I was kinda still crying in my Wheaties and hadn't thought of that.

I too hope you being Excursionless doesn't impact the amount of posting you do. The place wouldn't be the same without you, my friend.

Stewart

Old 04-11-2016, 09:37 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's a mouth full... I deal with both active CG and the free of that crappy job almost everyday!

Get use to smiling now, I'll stop there

Your constipation will be cured now, ok enough.
Michael,

I just saw this. You did not have to sell the Ex to cover unexpected costs did you?

More info here: http://jalopnik.com/what-to-do-when-...ium=socialflow

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?