Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 09:59 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
David, let me help you with this... Please use Nate's word famous delete on the new steps.
Also, from the wise writings of Skip they look like chinese crap.

Don't know if you remember but when I purchased my second wife, she had the shorter sidesteps. Well I just could not get use to them, think that will happen to you also. Until then I take back the compliments I've said about your truck
Honesty, BRUTAL HONESTY! I knew there was something that made me leery of you...

I like the stouter look of them, but I am not in love with them. I give it a week (or less), and then the old ones will most likely make their way back on the Ex.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:09 AM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Dave, let me tell you about your wife. It's not that she hates driving it, she hates that you spend money and pay more attention to your excursion then her. She also sees you on this forum all the time talking about excursions and when she's talking to you about her day you interrupt her to say something about the excursion. there I said it lol ask me how I know
First thing out of the girlfriends mouth upon seeing the higher tires and lack of running boards:

"Do you hate me? Do you not want me driving around with you"

My reply:

"I left the grabhandle, I just want you to work for it is all"

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, should be interesting to see her trying to get in while wearing a dress.

12 foot paddleboard? No problem

The Ex took me fishing for the first time yesterday... Yes I know how pathetic that sounds.

Got a 2 pound 12 ounce smallmouth on my 2nd cast. Quite a thrill. Not too impressed with having my finger in its mouth or having to touch it in general as you can see from my goof face, but I will get used to it. Loved the experience. Ended the day having caught and released 5, and caught and fried 3. Would have released them all but due to my inexperience 3 had already fully swallowed the hook and their stomachs were toast.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:17 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Honesty, BRUTAL HONESTY! I knew there was something that made me leery of you...

I like the stouter look of them, but I am not in love with them. I give it a week (or less), and then the old ones will most likely make their way back on the Ex.
I am, sorry don't want to insult you in anyway it seemed to me we have similar taste. You have one of my favorite rigs here, but when I saw that pic well you get it. BTW a week ain't gonna cut it lol

Old 05-17-2015, 10:20 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by nmclella

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, should be interesting to see her trying to get in while wearing a dress.
Take pics

Old 05-17-2015, 10:22 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos
You're a genius sir, well articulated.
Why, yes I am thank you for noticing. My wife is not, but she's allways right

Old 05-17-2015, 10:42 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
I am, sorry don't want to insult you in anyway it seemed to me we have similar taste. You have one of my favorite rigs here, but when I saw that pic well you get it. BTW a week ain't gonna cut it lol
No insult taken I think I will leave them on long enough to paint my old boards and then switch them back out. Should have everything done and back together by next weekend.

A quick photoshop and I have to say that I like the look of the black running boards

Old 05-17-2015, 11:06 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
I agree, they look great in black with the motif you have going on.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:13 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
I think the boards look great in black on your rig David!

Old 05-17-2015, 11:39 AM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
I agree, they look great in black with the motif you have going on.
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
I think the boards look great in black on your rig David!
Thanks guys, looks like I will be buying the stuff to paint my old boards this week.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:05 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Dave, let me tell you about your wife. It's not that she hates driving it, she hates that you spend money and pay more attention to your excursion then her. She also sees you on this forum all the time talking about excursions and when she's talking to you about her day you interrupt her to say something about the excursion. there I said it lol ask me how I know
It's funny, everytime a box shows up at the house, I get a "what's that for?" Or a "did you really need that?" And than there's the "why can't you just leave anything alone!" If you guys only know the stuff I've done to the vehicles I've owned since I've known her.

Don't have a before I started mixing this van, it was just a regular Van, no duals, or fancy bumper, or anything.

Name:  D08182B5-94E2-48A4-BFCD-60EE0111EB70.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  71.0 KB
Name:  F1990A44-D0A8-45A7-A5D4-F5BD5A293ED1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  323.7 KB

Best pic I could find of this ATV before/after the mods

Name:  583BE8DD-024D-4FE1-B098-3F0B6A80B6F9.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  FE62AC71-B358-4582-940E-27E927D0574A.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  90.3 KB

And I know I'm missing some more. These are the ones I could easily find before and after pics. Lol

Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by USCG_PA
Thanks guys, looks like I will be buying the stuff to paint my old boards this week.
It will look nice when it's done!

I was going to go black boards on mine too, but not sure how it will look now that I went black bumpers with the tan trim.

Old 05-17-2015, 01:01 PM
InmatesRunThePlace
Junior User
Originally Posted by agsmv1
So with the hubs locked there are no problems driving? Just want to make sure, I can't thing of anything off the top of my head if you can drive locked and no problems.

-Art
Correct. I went ahead and replaced the bear anyway and also replaced the shock. Between the two things it seemed to have fixed the problem. The shock was pretty blown out so I could see how it might not be able to control oscillation if it get's started by a bad bump.

Thanks guys!

Chris

Old 05-17-2015, 11:14 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I fired mine up today because i had to move it, tomorrow the loader is coming to work on the driveway so the Excursion needed to go on the grass.

It was a warm one today (it's all relative!), sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Had to fire up the A/C, still works great!

Name:  20150517_170146_zpsh4mbkzdy.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  323.4 KB

Old 05-18-2015, 01:06 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
We went and grabbed a couple Little Ceasars Pizzas and hit the park for some fun for the kids.

I snapped a couple of pics of the EX since it was cleaned up.

Gonna go take a little 180 mile round trip to a drive thru Zoo type place tomorrow called Wildlife Safari.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Took the Ex on a road trip towing a car to a show in Indiana. Towed perfect and got about 13 mpg. The show was a bit of a bust, sprinkled the whole time and didnt take the car out of the trailer.

About half way through the trip, on the way there, the battery light started going on and off. I recently had my alternator rebuilt, aftermarket unit from Quickstart. Im thinking its pushing too much to the batteries?? Everything works fine and theres plenty of juice, didnt put the meter on it yet, so I think its ok. I checked it over at the show and there are no loose wires or grounds. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?