Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to the X today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Korn what brand of batteries did you go with?

I was looking at an odyssey battery before I realized the price on them.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,268 Likes on 1,711 Posts
Russ you better pass on that one, or find a BIGGER truck

Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
kornfanjoe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
Korn what brand of batteries did you go with?

I was looking at an odyssey battery before I realized the price on them.
I went with nautilus batteries because they were the only high end agm battery at Canadian tire which is where my old batteries were from with a pro rated warranty refund. They weigh 70 and 76 pounds

Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Karlsgems
So.....if that was your LAST boat, dare I ask what your current boat is?

In awe,
Karl
Sorry Karl I hate to disappoint but this is what's left, no problem towing though!
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  177.4 KB

Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kornfanjoe
Well if my truck was a gasser I would rig up a spark plug and distributor to be always on and connected to my fuel hinge so they get zapped when doing so. Or wait in hiding with frozen paintballs and a good gun!
I HATE thieves with a passion, I've had lots stolen from me through the years

In a situation like this, you get together with some neighbours and figure out who can spare one of their cars for a few days. Taint the fuel with sugar, and park it on the street in a dark spot so they will get the fuel.

They will only take it once.

I know it will then be a pain to empty the rest in the tank, but might just be worth the effort.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:55 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by wallz
In a situation like this, you get together with some neighbours and figure out who can spare one of their cars for a few days. Taint the fuel with sugar, and park it on the street in a dark spot so they will get the fuel.

I know it will then be a pain to empty the rest in the tank, but might just be worth the effort.
All sugar in gas does is plug fuel filters.

The sugar does not dissolve in gas it just sits there. So would be the same as putting dirt in it.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Stebs
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiding in the bushes and waiting for them with your persuasion device of your choice would work better...

Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Clay H
Elder User
booby traps will get you jail time.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:38 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Which gets back to the trail camera.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Or even one of those cheap car alarms from Walmart, they sense motion and you can set the sensitivity of them so they won't go off every time the wind blows. I had one in my work trailer for a while, It only lasted a year or 2 though, I think the extreme dust situation was too much for it haha. It was effective when it worked though..

Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM
kornfanjoe
Posting Guru

My buddy was doing some work to his F250 diesel, he ruined one tank cause debris broke the bottom when he unstrapped it it leaked. We should have put bleach in the bad tank and let them steal it. Bleach kills diesel engines REALLY fast.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:31 PM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Stebs
Hiding in the bushes and waiting for them with your persuasion device of your choice would work better...
Not likely to catch them in the act but I know at least in my state it would qualify under our stand your ground laws. Known as "use of force to protect person and property laws" here.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stebs
This gets my vote. If they aren't scared ****less nothing will scare them off. Trust me I had it fired at me I near **** myself. just don't hit your truck it will mess up your paint. I recommend shooting the ground at their feet.

VintageRex.com | Para-Ordnance Mod 85

Old 10-01-2013, 06:06 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sammie0126
Not likely to catch them in the act but I know at least in my state it would qualify under our stand your ground laws. Known as "use of force to protect person and property laws" here.
Don't ever believe that for one second. You shoot and kill some 16 year old kid stealing gas from your vehicles..... you will be charged with premeditated murder. The "stand your ground" and "protect property and limb" laws are basically defenses only. And a jury would never buy them in a petty theft.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:29 PM
sammie0126
Postmaster
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VaSheriff
Don't ever believe that for one second. You shoot and kill some 16 year old kid stealing gas from your vehicles..... you will be charged with premeditated murder. The "stand your ground" and "protect property and limb" laws are basically defenses only. And a jury would never buy them in a petty theft.
Well I would never shoot someone (anyone regardless of age) over a $100+ tank a gas, my gun is used at the range, only time I would ever use it on a human would be to protect my life or the life of another.

Someone who did may very well be convicted of murder (I doubt premeditated murder though) you never know with juries.

But my post was stating how the law reads in my state, and we've had issues like this not where someone was killed, but where farmers shot someone who was stealing chemicals, guy lived but barely and the farmer was not charged with any crime.

A person:
(1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person; and
(2) does not have a duty to retreat;
if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.
(e) With respect to property other than a dwelling, curtilage, or an occupied motor vehicle, a person is justified in using reasonable force against any other person if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to immediately prevent or terminate the other person's trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person's immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar41/ch3.html

EDIT: BTW the farmer shot him in the leg and did state he aimed to stop him not kill him, guy was an experienced gun user and DA believed him that he shot to stop not kill and no charges were filed.
Though the guy came darn close to bleeding to death because it was a long way from help and took the first responders almost 20 minutes to get there. Also helped that the farmer held off the artery in the guys leg waiting for help to arrive.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the X today?