Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

August Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Afternoon y'all, hope everyone is surviving their Friday.

The kids are back in school! Daycare bill has gone way down! Now the PTA is trying to nickel & dime us to death.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:53 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Well, it doesn't take much to figure out who has a real life away from the computer. Four more days until I get back on that flying coke can...just four more days....I can do it, I'm a big boy.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah, I need to be out doing something besides sitting here on the comp. I should have never gotten a laptop with wireless, can't seem to get out of my easy chair.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:00 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Yeah, I need to be out doing something besides sitting here on the comp. I should have never gotten a laptop with wireless, can't seem to get out of my easy chair.
Part of my problem is Continental wouldn't let me check my C50 when I got on the flying coke can last week. Next time I'm going to demand Southwest...bags fly free! I would have brought the Pavement Princess if (A) the body shop would have gotten done with it in time and (B) it would have fit into the baggage compartment of the 737...but I have my doubts that it would have gone up the belt. So I'm pretty much trapped when the guy that has the rental car takes off with the rest of the drunks to go get hammered. I've got all the "homework" that was assigned done. The other guy I've been riding back & fort from the hotel to class is struggling, so he's pretty intent on righting his ways....thus he's hammering the books. And when I packed my clothes...I though we'd be here hitting the books constantly; boy was I wrong. There's been several times I could have swam for a couple of hours.

My darling, lovely bride has reminded me everyday since Wednesday...sometimes twice a day that she's driving the truck all over God's green earth and taking to WM and parking as close to the door as she can. I just know some jerk has door dinged the truck several times now. The Pavement Princess is bested suited in the back of the lot like a chicken hauler; away from all the JB Hunt types. Gees, I need a life.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Hey Zack, if I buy a HD Heritage Softail Classic in Daytona Beach, are you game to ride it home?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Hey Zack, if I buy a HD Heritage Softail Classic in Daytona Beach, are you game to ride it home?
HELL YEAH! Especially if it will get me out of here a couple of days earlier. I do not claim responsibility for any bugs that feel the need to impale them selves on the front of the scooter.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What sucks is falling asleep with the thing in your lap.. done that a few times.

They don't call them crotch cookers for nothin

Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
They don't call them crotch cookers for nothin
I'd ask if you were playing Call of Duty or Delta Force (does anyone still play that one?)...but you said you fell asleep. Must have been on Facebook again Joe?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
HELL YEAH! Especially if it will get me out of here a couple of days earlier. I do not claim responsibility for any bugs that feel the need to impale them selves on the front of the scooter.
Sorry to get your hopes up, but I think I found something close to home. Should know early this week.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Sorry to get your hopes up, but I think I found something close to home. Should know early this week.
Doing my "Stewie" from Family Guy impression....curse you 5 cyl Mercedes lover. I'm looking for any excuse...within reason...to get out of this place. Dang company polices & Federal laws.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 PM
EODguyJake
Fulltime INFIDEL!
Dang company polices & Federal laws.
WTF do you do, and why are you in Lower Alabama?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
You guys ought to ride those bike to the GTG next month. Wonderful riding roads up here. We could take a ride up Push Mtn Road and get our pics on the internet.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I wouldn't call it a rough Monday...but when you have a hard time getting to sleep the night before, then have to get up before the crack of dawn...it ain't going to be pretty. Things would have been ok if the coffee the brew outside the class room didn't taste so funky. I've decided I'm not a Maxwell house fan.
Originally Posted by EODguyJake
WTF do you do, and why are you in Lower Alabama?
I'm a locomotive engineer, or at least when I'm not sitting in a class. And if your calling Daytona...Lower Alabama; I'm down here for a class required by my somewhat new employer. Trying to figure out how to rent a HD on the company credit card. The limit is set at $700 and there's a $2k deposit before they'll let you roll off the lot with a Road King. Maybe I should "settle" for a Sportster?
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
You guys ought to ride those bike to the GTG next month. Wonderful riding roads up here. We could take a ride up Push Mtn Road and get our pics on the internet.
Right now, I'm low man on the board at work...I get all the crap the senior (time served, not age) guys don't want. Which includes days off. September is so far out there I have no clue where or what I'll be doing the weekend of the GTG. But, if I'm off and it's just going to be me...may bring the scooter along. The Pavement Princess has room in the bed, just have to grow a larger set so I can ride the Boulevard into & out of the bed on one of those aluminum ramps.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I quit riding them in and out of the pickup bed when I moved up to a touring bike. No way I'm trying that stuff with an 850lb bike.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
EODguyJake
Fulltime INFIDEL!
And if your calling Daytona...Lower Alabama; I'm down here for a class required by my somewhat new employer. Trying to figure out how to rent a HD on the company credit card. The limit is set at $700 and there's a $2k deposit before they'll let you roll off the lot with a Road King. Maybe I should "settle" for a Sportster?
I thought you were in the pan-handle somewhere...OH WAIT, that's our replacements that were supposed to be here already.

As for the bike rental, if $2K is the DEPOSIT, then put that on your card and still bill "the man" the actual rental charge. That's cab fare, better than a DUI, right? Done, and done.

Quick Reply: August Chat / All Topic Thread