Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AOD valve bodys best one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AOD valve bodys best one?

i need a valvebody for my transmission and i was wondering what company other than lentech makes good valvebody's

i need to get a valvebody in this truck ASAP i have to take it with me to move into college next tuesday. i called lentech and they said they are out of stock on the street terminator valvebodys and won't have any in till thursday and since they are in canada i won't be able to get it till monday at the earliest.

i am looking for a manual/automatic valvebody that you don't have to shift to second then yank it back into first in order to hold second gear with

the motor is around 480hp with out nitrous and has a 125 shot on it right now. the trans has a custom 3800 stall lock up converter

i called tci about their street fighter valvebody with manual/automatic operation and asked about how it would hold second gear and the guy had no idea what i was talking about even when i explained it to him so idk if the tci one will work or not

Old 08-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
VB AOD Have a look here. Found it in a search so know nothing about them. May help.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 PM
1966Tbird
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah they say 4-7 days till ship, i think i'm going to get a stock one and put it in there till i have the time to order a lentech valvebody wait for it to come in the mail and install it

it just means i can't race the truck till i get the lentech valvebody since i don't want to do the kamakazi 1-2-1 shift on a freshly built transmission, but maybe it's a good thing cause it will give me a chance to break the motor in before i go and spray it

edit: just read through that website a little closer and everything sounds like it is legit, plus i can get a transbrake constant pressure valvebody for the same price as the lentech with no transbrake and with variable pressure, i might end up getting one from them