Holly street avenger problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
Holly street avenger problem

I put a new holly street avenger on my buys 79 F150 400m truck and now i have no vaccume assist brakes. Somehow the directions got lost. I have no vaccume coming from the 3/8" port on the passenger side of the carb where i believe the directions told me to put the vaccume line for the brakes.

Any ideas or the vaccume layout for the carb?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brad is the port below the lower throttle plates? If so did you use the correct base gasket?
Any port above the lower throttle plates is ported. Most direct Vacuum on Holley's if my memory is correct is in the back or front on the base plate. A picture would help but if your like me I want the darn thing working not taking pictures.

Craig

Old 08-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
I figured it out. For some stupid reason holly had a rubber cap on a boss below the electric choke. That is where i had the vaccume line for the brake booster. I pulled the carb to see if the gasket was blocking the port. Well wounldnt ya know it. That is a blank boss with no hole in it( I couldn't see it with the carb on the truck). The PORT i needed was in the back of the carb, not the side.