Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead Dimmer

Old 07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Nipperdog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dead Dimmer

I just compleated a 2500mi trip with my 11 F-250 and was 10mi from home when my dash lights suddenly went out. I also noticed that if you played with the dimmer control the lights would come back faintly then go out again. I'm assuming that the dimmer is kaput. anyone else have a similar problem like this???

Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 PM
radzer0
Elder User
radzer0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Havent heard anything of this issue. I dont even know if that dimmer switch is actualy a dimmer. It could just be a switch that says a command to the ecu that runs the dimmer. I know all the a/c controls, etc all just go into a module not directly controlling anything.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
Yeah, with all the tech and power needs of these new fancy dashes and computers, just about every button and switch only has around 8 volts and only communicate signal to a computer module. The real power and control is buried just like radzer says.

You could have a bad button? You have any loose paper or a hat covering a light sensor?

I have not figured out the dash lighting on this '11 yet. My dials glow blue all the time, headlights and dash brightness change/come on when you turn on the windshield wipers during the day. I think there are a lot of things controlling dash light brightness.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: