Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Now that I'm a FTE supporter....RHN

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
dzldenny
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that I'm a FTE supporter....RHN

After our mess with the wheel bearings in SD, I decided to become a site supporter. So many folks help so many others here even from 1000 or more miles away. So I signed up shortly after we got back home and got a very nice FTE sticker and an even nicer FTE t-shirt. My wife was trying to hock my shirt before I even got to wear it!

Yesterday I finally got to wear my nice new shirt. We were driving South on 41 to go to an house warming party. There on the side of the road was a late thirties street rod with the hood up. I never gave a second thought but to pull over to help. I remember the stress in SD and don't wish that to anyone. The guy had blown the oil line for his tranny cooler, but didn't know where it was leaking. I told him to fire it up and I would watch for him. Right where the hose hooked to the cooler the line was split. I took my shirt off so I wouldn't get it dirty lying on the ground and pulled the tools from the truck to cut the line and slip it back together. All patched up he said thanks, gave me his card, and we both pulled away. When we got to the party I washed up the oil I was wearing and proudly slipped back into my OIL STAINED SHIRT!?!? I had gotten sprayed while looking for the leak and didn't know it. Ruined my nice new FTE shirt. At least I got the guy back on the road.

I just want to put out here again to look me up if you need help in NE WI. I will do my best to help. I have to look into how to join the RHN and make it official. Any advice?

Oh well it was a nice shirt while it lasted.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 PM
MX_Fyrcaptain
Senior User
Reps given for your good deed.
I never did get my shirt. I'm bummed.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM
pminne
Rocky Mountain High
Great story! The upper Midwest folks are always tops in my book for helping out a stranded motorist. Best place to breakdown is up there. Don't sweat the T-Shirt, it is supposed to look like that, it's like bugs on the bumper, water in the bilge, or dings on your wedding ring!

If you ever need help in Denver, just let us know...

Old 07-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Great story Denny. I never got a shirt, or anything else for that matter. 3 year membership that they tried to cut off after 12 months and I had to fight them. So I chose to no longer support internet brands. I will help anyone I come across though. That is the spirit.

Edit: That was a mistake I posted about the T-shirt. I did receive a shirt from them, actually two of them so Kudos there. That was after my first year supporter status. When I renewed for three years it was nothing from them but a battle every anniversary.