Sponsored by: Moser

truck box help

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:43 AM
lamenytro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck box help

im kind of a novice at body work and was wondering how to put my bed side emblems on the side of the bed because the parts truck im buying doesnt have the holes for the emblem so i was wondering if i drill the same size hole in the same location and it will stay in but im not sure if thats what i do, also my '76 has a round gas cap with no fuel door and my parts truck box has a fuel door and i was wondering if i just cut a square around it and cut the same size square out of a box with circle cap and just weld in place, like i said im a novice and have no clue what to.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:28 AM
MADFord4X4
Senior User
Sorry not to be rude but you said you have no clue what to do? Then don't! I do body work every day all day and if you don't have a clue you probably don't have the tools either. If you don't have the cash you can sometimes take you truck over to the highschool or your local J.C. College and ask the instructor if the class can work on your truck as a project. The college is a better bet but you will have to pay for materials. Just an idea. If you have never done body work you can get way over your head in a hurry.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:28 AM
USArmyTaterness
Posting Guru
I would have to agree but I know some person who I refuse to mention did some things to the body of a truck that should be illegal because they did not know what they were doing. This person now knows what he did was wrong and will never do it again without several cases of beer.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
lamenytro
Senior User
if i take it to a body shop with the replacement panel how much do you think the would charge?