Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM
weaver79
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing at idle speed

79 F150 w/ 351M Auto.

Any ideas!

First, My truck sits alot of the time. I know, I know.....

The plugs have been changed but maybe 6-7 months ago like i said. It sits most of the time.
I havn't changed the cap and rotor button in quite awhile. I was going to do that tommorrowand maybe get another set of new plugs or just cleaning them instead.

Could it be an ignition issue?

Its hopped up a bit, -bored, cam, intake, 4bbl carb, headers, and Im using the stock distributor and (new Stock)igition box.

Also, When im slowing down to a red light from full speed with brakes, the truck seems to learch alittle, tranmission. Its not done this before. I was thinking it might be the torque converter. Not sure.

thanks

Old 07-25-2010, 12:37 PM
weaver79
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced the cap and rotor last weekend. It helped out some. So, I drove it on my "drive route". As I was getting back to the house it started skipping again. Much worse than before.

It runs and drives well, I can still here it missing a little well im driving on the highway. And still as i come to a stop it misses.

I thinking fuel. The tank is almost empty, so I wonder if it has a little bit of bad gas or maybe a little water. I have not changed the plugs yet, b/c i just replaced them last year, and I haven't drove the truck that much either.