2.8 Water Outlet Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:15 PM
trentveronica
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.8 Water Outlet Problem

I have a 1984 Bronco II with a 2.8. The water outlet is cracked and I cannot find one that fits. All the auto parts stores have one with a 3 bolt pattern, but for some reason mine has a 2 bolt pattern. Can anyone help me out? Is this a swapped out motor that I do not know about? I am a new owner and a new user. I don't know much about the Ford motor.

Old 02-10-2003, 01:31 AM
feenx
New User
2.8 Water Outlet Problem

Originally posted by trentveronica
I have a 1984 Bronco II with a 2.8. The water outlet is cracked and I cannot find one that fits. All the auto parts stores have one with a 3 bolt pattern, but for some reason mine has a 2 bolt pattern. Can anyone help me out? Is this a swapped out motor that I do not know about? I am a new owner and a new user. I don't know much about the Ford motor.
Hi the outlet you want is the upper one that comes from top rad hose.
the 3 bolt outlet they are talking about is the one on the lower waterpump housing and connects to the lower rad.
just ask for the upper water outlet

Old 02-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Matt_W
Senior User
2.8 Water Outlet Problem

Just an FYI. There is no thermostat in the upper water outlet. Someone might have tried to jam one in there and caused it to crack. The thermostat on the 2.8 goes in the lower outlet.