Notices

Oil Pre-lubers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 10:28 AM
jrs_big_ford_f150
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil Pre-lubers

Me and my friend Joe have been looking for oil pre lubers for a while now. We have found 2 sites that sell them, 1 for 500 bucks, the other didn't list a price. Does any know where I can get one for cheaper ? Or can I build one ? Wiring and running hoses won't be a problem. Could I use a small hydraulic pump ? Any information would be appreciated.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:56 AM
77460ford
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oil Pre-lubers

Building your own is not a problem. I put one together for a couple hundred Canadian. I found a 12VDC sealed hydraulic pump that I mounted to the passenger side frame rail. I installed hydraulic hose from my oil pan to the pump suction (hose was overkill but nice peace of mind). I used a tee at the oil pan to allow a draining point. The discharge then just went to the rear oil gallery where the oil pressure switch is located. I used a relay and spring loaded switch so as not to forget and leave it on. If the truck sits for a while I run this up until I see good oil pressure on the pressure gauge and start it up. I've had this for a few years and have had no problems. Some places to hunt for a good pump and motor are small garden tractor dealers, they use them for hydraulics. Hope this helps, drop me a line if you need anything more.
John
'77F150 4X4 460/C6/4:11's/33's