Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Mod questions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Liquid10Rider
More Turbo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mod questions..

Hey guys I know I always post new threads and ask alot of questions but Im new to the diesel family and want to do the right mods first. I have read alot of posts on all the different mods and I want to do every single one but the money issue comes into play. I have looked on Guzzles site and RiffRaffs and Ive come up with a few that I would like to do but not to sure which ones everyone recommends doing first.

I was going to be doing the in tank mods, the CCV, AIH delete, and glow plug relay upgrade. Is there any others that you guys think I should also do? I want to do everything right the first time and have the truck last a very long time.

Im proud to be part of the FTE community. Thanks for all the help in previous posts!

-AJ

Old 07-03-2010, 01:37 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you drive the truck and what are your goals for the truck? i would do gauges first, all maintenance items such as flushing coolant, tranny etc if it hasnt already been done. if you do the glow plug relay i would also do the gpr light mod. hope this helps.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Liquid10Rider
More Turbo

I use the truck for everything. Its my dailly driver, I haul anything in the bed. I dont really tow anything. I might be towing a small trailer in the coming week to a shop and thats really it for towing.

My goals for the truck are. I want to have important information displayed in front of me (guages), I want it to be a work truck, And I really want to do anything to make it last longer. I havet read any posts on the gpr light ill have to check it out. I do notice the truck knocks a little and i do understand its a diesel I work around them all day so its just a normal diesel knock but I have read about the 8th injector starving for fuel and want to do the mods to improve the fuel system.

I do have a fear and that is I just dont know where to run/hook up any guages. I am planning on getting the f650 dash from riffraff with three guages. I do have some questions about guages if you could help me. Where would you hook up for oil pressure and fuel pressure?? I have read about the tranny temp sensor. But where would you run all the wires and everything into the cab to hook up to the guages??

If I have made anything confusing just let me know.

-AJ

Old 07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Joelong258
Senior User
Im not sure for those but i do know there is a hole in the firewall that is plastic behind your brake pedal and you can pop that piece out and have a hole to run wires in the engine compartment. there may be a piece of foam covering it..there was on mine

Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Liquid10Rider
More Turbo

ill have to go out to the truck in a few and look. if I had a fuse holder at the house I would hook up the gpr led now.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
i have tranny temp, egt, boost on the a pillar. i bought a package that came with everything including good instructions. talk with clay and he can recomend what will work best for you. for oil psi you can install the sensor at the oil cooler. this is the round tube on the side of the block in front of your oil filter. for fuel psi you can install the gauge at the fuel filter housing. hopefully some one will post pics showing these locations to give you a better idea.