Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning AR!

Have a great day!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evening everyone, hope y'all are staying cool. Guess everyone has been busy lately...dang near a ghost town around here the last couple of weeks.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Evening everyone, hope y'all are staying cool. Guess everyone has been busy lately...dang near a ghost town around here the last couple of weeks.
Gets mighty quiet around here at times.
Me, I'm busy working and trying to keep up with yard work at 2 locations. Looks like the weather pattern from last year is back, HOT in June and early July, then WET from then on. WAIT, forecast for this week is HOT again At least I have the A/C blowing cold at the 'Bay, I can work indoors down there. Problem is, I find myself sitting and staring at the scenery out the windows
Need to post some pics of my ****** Jeep after last weekends fiasco down there, heavy rain while we were hauling furniture in on a 16' trailer. Dragging the trailer and my son-in-law's 2WD Nissan out at the same time made for some serious mud slinging.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Will P
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been busy with the project truck and tearing down a parts truck I bought, all after I get home from work. This rain has slowed me down but it has been nice to have a rest.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Need to post some pics of my ****** Jeep after last weekends fiasco down there, heavy rain while we were hauling furniture in on a 16' trailer. Dragging the trailer and my son-in-law's 2WD Nissan out at the same time made for some serious mud slinging.
I hope the trailer was empty...I'd hate for you to get swamp mud on the Lazy Boy.
Originally Posted by Will P
I've been busy with the project truck and tearing down a parts truck I bought, all after I get home from work. This rain has slowed me down but it has been nice to have a rest.
I know the feeling about projects keeping ya' busy. I'm still poking around on the truck after three weeks with the rough idle/dieing problem.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I hope the trailer was empty...I'd hate for you to get swamp mud on the Lazy Boy.
No mud on the Lazy Boy from the mudholes, but the 2" of powdered silt on the way in and then getting rained on........ Son-in-law's truck was loaded with boxes and my mattress, we could only bring it half way in, so had to go back and get the soaked pillow top mattress At least it did dry, just sort of discolored from the dust.
Was down there yesterday, don't think I'll be pulling any trailers in this weekend, most of the mudholes are overflowing. Need to bring my table saw and planer in so that I can finish milling the paneling for the living room and bath. Might have to chance it about Fri. if it doesn't rain again. Oh Well, that's life on the river, if I can't do anything else, I'll just go fishing

Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon y'all...another day of summer humidity, got to love every minute of it. It appear that my 6.0L woes are related to a failed o-ring on the #7 injector. Oh well, it happens...shame I"m going to have to shell out a couple hundred for a new injector. I've decided owning/driving a 6.0L is akin to dating a curvy super model...it's great, but boy are they high maintenance.
No mud on the Lazy Boy from the mudholes, but the 2" of powdered silt on the way in and then getting rained on.......
That sounds like all kinds of fun...gosh, how did I miss out on something like that? Good thing you go the a/c going at your place

Old 07-15-2010, 12:47 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I've been around, just busy with work and home life.

I had to put tires on the 500 this morning. That hurt, almost as much
as putting them on the truck..

$122 a pop, plus I'll need to get an alignment next week, that's another $50..

It appear that my 6.0L woes are related to a failed o-ring on the #7 injector. Oh well, it happens...shame I"m going to have to shell out a couple hundred for a new injector.
Can't you just replace the o-ring?

Old 07-15-2010, 06:16 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tojoski
Can't you just replace the o-ring?
As I understand it...it's internal to the injector. It's allowing exhaust to blow back into the fuel rail. So tonight I start the process to see how many are fried. The truck acts like only one (code reader says #7) is toast, but my luck I got all the odd numbered ones....at $200-$225 a pop it's going to be a lovely night. Oh, don't forget the external O-ring & compression rings that you have to by separate. Reminds me of intake gasket kits for the 4.0L...they come with everything except the valve cover gaskets; that get trashed when you pull the valve covers to get the intake off.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Uh...... where did everybody go? I know I have been a little busy this week, but..... no posts for 5 days

Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Uh...... where did everybody go? I know I have been a little busy this week, but..... no posts for 5 days
I'm still kickin, just got the notification that you posted to this thread...

I missed work yesterday with the stomach bug, felt alright today.. just prayin now that the rest of the house doesn't come down with it.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Will P
Senior User
Man I have been busy! I have had something going on every day this week and the rest of the week is just as busy!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:36 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Been a busy week at work...14 hour days will take it out of you pretty darn quick. Good thing I get paid by the hour and not the trip/mile.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning AR!

Have a great day!

Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sddesigns
Good Morning MS!

Have a great day!
Holy smokes, did he just say Mississippi in the Arkansas chapter?Dang New Yorkers.

Well so much for having a great week, the train I was called for has been annulled for today. Wouldn't be so bad if I was at the house...could be working on the truck; but it's too far to drive to the house for today. Oh well, it's part of the game.

Quick Reply: July Chat / All Topic Thread