ATI questions.............

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:22 AM
KeithG
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the Forum, so I hope I posted this is proper section and not beating this topic into the ground.

I have a 2002 Supercab Offroad, 5.4 and like what I see with the ATI kit for this truck. I have some questions though so I hope everyone can help.

This truck is my daily driver and will not see a track or racing. I am simply looking for more power to make the truck a bit more fun to drive.

Are any other mods required for this ATI kit? i.e. new plugs, wires, upgraded radiator, headers, etc?

Are the stock injectors OK for this kit?

Is this motor strong enough for this ATI Procharger? i.e. stock bottom end, tranny, etc?

Is any custom programming required or is the Fuel Management Unit (FMU) that is provided good enough?

Finally, what hp/tq gains are achieved with this kit?

Again, I am not looking to build a race truck or have earth shattering performance, so-to-speak....just some more power for everyday driving. Thanks for any info you can all provide. I'm open to ideas and comments. Thanks everyone.

Old 02-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This upgrade was just shown on the tv show Trucks a few weeks back. They mentioned it was the best kit on the market for your application. consisting of bolt on performance with no fab work necessary. The kit will come with everything and if a chip was needed it should be supplied in the kit. You can run your stock ignition with the kit , but you may consider installing an msd box and coil just to help things out , along with a good set of plugs and wires. Now the motor will hold up just fine , just keep routine maintenece up on it and everything should be fine. does the kit you looked at getting have the intercooler , this will help keep the other upgrades most need down because it will keep the air coming into the motor cool and eliminate detonation.

Good luck

later