1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Very OT .... new roof ... very tired!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
brit_wheels_fan
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Very OT .... new roof ... very tired!

Well sometimes work on the old Ford truck has to take a second priority to things like home reparis. (like staying dry!) ..... I did pick up the brake hoses I had on order through Auto Zone and now I have everything I need to finish the brake job.

T-I-R-E-D!! Spent the day on the roof of our house working with a crew to strip shingles in preparation for putting on new ones tomorrow. We got all the garage and half the house done. We will shingle over the existing shingles on the other half as they were not in bad shape and did not need to be removed. - I'm a soft, 58 year old school teacher and no longer fit for REAL (manual labor) WORK!

I'll be glad to get back to my 'truck play,' but with attending the North American MGB Registry annual event (Belleview, Ontario) and then a west coast trip to California, Oregon, and Washington in July, it may be awhile before the Rusty Red Rat Rod gets any more attention. My estimate is that it has not run for decades, what will a few more weeks or months matter? ......

Last edited by brit_wheels_fan; 06-16-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Left out a word or two
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger ,Tonto .In March '04 ( note date )we decided it was time to relace the 20 yr. old shingles on our house . We live in S. Fla .& the weather ( heat ) is brutal on roofs . So stripped the roof 3 feet at a time (I do not believe in applying shingles over shingles as they will not lay flat & the corners will raise because of heat ) and applied another layer of felt and new asphalt 3 tab shingles .As you may recall Aug & Sept '04 was the first time in 31 yrs. we on the east coast were entertained by 2 hurricanes in 5 weeks . These are no treat !!! During Francis I was up in the attic making sure nothing was happening . Walking on the trusses while hanging on to them I could acually feel them vibrate !! Yikes !!!
The new roof after having time to seal was the only thing to save our house . I give thanks every time I think about it .
Both houses on the side of ours and one across the street had the roofs stripped . What Francis didn't do Jeanne cleaned up . The ceilings ( including insulation ) got saturated and all the ceiling collapsed into the rooms in a huge mess . Some of things the wind & rain did was amazing .