Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:44 PM
ipkyss
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance

I see all the aftermarket exhaust for the diesel, but they all start after the turbo. What about befor it. Is there any type of header out there for them? or is the factory set up good enough. Just a little curious

Old 02-03-2003, 10:53 PM
JoeBoost
Elder User
Performance

I actually was looking into aftermarket headers for the 7.3L Powerstroke and my search came up empty. The guy who built my headers for my Nova was going to build me a set , but the price was kinda steep due to the tight squeeze of the engine bay...I am sure someone sells them...........

Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 PM
HTRDDSL
Junior User
Performance

Not really a good idea I have some made at one time and I lost HP about 10HP to be exact and they leaked big time
THis is what I did instead and you can do it your self,
Take off your exhaust manifolds and have them jet coated instead you will see small gains but you will see nice loss"s in egts
THese manifolds are make out of cast for a reason, that way headers are not the way to got

The other thing you can do is go inside the maniflod and hone it out a bit or send them out to extrunhone them a bit $$ that way
I would be thinking more on how my fuel was being delivered to my injectors then headrs myself there a lots of mods there and if you ever think about take off you fuel line and putting on a gauge you'll see way, plus these PSD fuel system foum a lot air bubbles in the fuel will make your truck run like crap and every truck I have worked on so far even the 6.0 has this problem.

Old 02-03-2003, 11:53 PM
HTRDDSL
Junior User
Performance

Continued....

You see the fuel system is put together with O-rings and snaps thats where the air in getting in then it goes to the filter out the filter to the check valves that are located in you heads where the fuel lines go inot the heads If you look you will see a brass fitting there (check valves) You don't need these guys its restricts the fuel,Keep in mind that your fuel lines are around a - 3 size way to small for this motor,
Further more if you look inside you fuel tank you will see that your return line in righ next to you pick up line (think about this for a sec) is that good NO(fouming) you need to get that return line as far away as you can from you pick line,, Also on you pick up line the tube end is cut sharp, you need to flare it its easier to get fuel to get around a flared end the a sharp end,

never mind who cares anyways right!!!

Old 02-04-2003, 08:39 PM
1976diesel
New User
Performance

headers not a good idea on 6.0L. exhasut system on 6.0L is designed for the variable geometry turbo charger and egr system that the 6.0L has.