6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
I would be real interested in what you actually get towing the same with the new rig and with the old one.
Me too.....

Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 PM
idaspud
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I thought I had bought one but

I got a call this morning and the truck I thought I had bought was sold to another customer. Needless to say, I am pretty upset. They then found two more that are more expensive and I gave them a go-ahead on one and have now waited for over 10 hours to hear back.

I did write a check for the first truck last night and they had to have it before the end of the month BECAUSE the factory rebate would "probably" expire. I drove 240 miles round trip and was treated like this.

Not a good dealer. Will file a complaint with Ford customer service if I don't hear tonight.

Not happy, I want the truck but can live without it.

IF I get one, will let you know how the towing compares.

Spud

Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Let us know how you go Spud, best of luck to ya

Old 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Blown2run
Senior User
Originally Posted by senix
I would be real interested in what you actually get towing the same with the new rig and with the old one.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I thought I'd shime in if you haven't already read my other post. I towed my 5er for 75 miles with my new truck. The power and handling was amazing. No comparison with my 05 6.0 chipped. As far as fuel economy, it only gave me 10 vs 12 with the 05 6.0. Maybe it'll get better with more mileage.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
idaspud
New User
mileage

Hi, I can't help but wonder if with the newer lower ratio rear ends and the lower ratio over drive and the bigger wheels if we are lugging that engine too much. I plan on driving it locked into 5th gear to start with to see what happens and then try some in 6th. JMHO

Spud

Old 06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
asphaltman
Senior User
Idaspud check your message box.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Farmboy1285
Senior User
I cant comment on whether you should keep your truck or not as only you can make that decision. But I can tell you you have one sweet setup!! My dad bought a 79 airstream over-lander over the winter that he is restoring and Im trying to talk him into buying a new ford diesel to complement it

Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
old_lynrd
Junior User
Originally Posted by CGiron
You better stay with the crappy 6,0 and 6,4 litre diesels made by Navistar. Genuine US quality...

OR you might realize that this 6,7-litre superengine is Ford-developed and severly tested in the US during years and produced in Fords own factory in Mexico under strictest control but with a much lower labourcost.

The advantage is that Ford US is making more profit.
so is that why the 6 spd manual trans for the new Mustang GT 5.0 are made in CHINA??? (seriously it is...look it up)

Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 PM
LaxPlaya21
Posting Guru
Bro your ride is sweet! If you haven't already pulled the trigger I say you keep it! Buy an extended warranty and pay the thing off. It will feel great to be debt free with a beautiful truck!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:38 AM
93RangerXL4x2
Elder User
here in canada I have seen 6.0's with over 400,000kms original trans, and ussaly looks like it was working, which is what ford trucks do best. the ZF6, and a Revamped 7.3L would be nice tho.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
plus your motor on the 07 should have 5 100k extended ford warranty

that is where most $$ is

Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM
cheimerman
New User
6.0 has SERIOUS problems

Originally Posted by sammy77
Keep in mind, there a more 6.0's out there than anything else. That being said of all the horror stories I hear, how many are due to Tuners? Lack of maintenance? Poor fuel quality? We'll never really know?? But if you've taken the proper steps to prevent as much as you can you're way ahead of the game. Will your 6.0 still break? Probably, but hell they all will. And when it does fix it. Just remember one thing, most people don't come to this site just for the heck of it. They're usually lookin for answers to their problem or questions...
Take the warnings on the 6.0 very seriously. Mine is a daily driver (unloaded, not towing), has 107,000 well maintained miles, and the EGR cooler started leaking coolant, which shows as white smoke out the tail pipe. Dealer estimate - $8620!!! Purely stock... no mods. I found a diesel performance shop that will replace the EGR and Oil Coolers, plus resolve some fuel pressure issues for $3,000. The dealer called Ford and got declined for assistance. I spent 30+ minutes on Ford's Customer Service line, and again they declined to assist with the repair, siting being past warranty. While that's true, with only being 7,000 miles past warranty, and being a Ford owner since 1971, and given this is definitely a problem area for the 6.0, I would expect them to step up to the plate and assist their owners with the repairs. I'm not sure that they haven't lost a loyal customer over this. At any rate, look at the frequency of the EGR and other 6.0 problems on this site. I would recommend getting rid of it before your warranty expires.

Good luck with your search!!! I'm looking into the 6.7, but a brand new engine, a brand new transmission???? I need it to last beyond the warranty, and I'm a little gunshy right now :-(

Old 06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
7k out of warranty.. wasn't worth 2 seconds on the phone .. they already extended the original warranty 2 years and 54k over the original agreement

Old 06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
I say keep the 6.0. I am in the same boat. My 6.0 just turned 77,000 miles and it has been wonderful! Knock on wood, it may leave me on the side of the road tomorrow but I love it. If I get a new one I am going to still keep my 6.0.
I want to let this new truck be out for atleast a year and see how everyones luck goes with it. After a year to a year and a half, we should know the pros vs. the cons.
I love my 6.0 and its paid for. I will keep it when i get a new one to have two.
When the model year end clearance comes out, I will go get a new one with the strong rebates. Not this fall but the fall of 2011 is my plan.
If my new truck breaks down my 6.0 will show up and come get the load! haha!
I aint sellin my 6.0 for nothing!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cheimerman
Take the warnings on the 6.0 very seriously. Mine is a daily driver (unloaded, not towing), has 107,000 well maintained miles, and the EGR cooler started leaking coolant, which shows as white smoke out the tail pipe. Dealer estimate - $8620!!! Purely stock... no mods. I found a diesel performance shop that will replace the EGR and Oil Coolers, plus resolve some fuel pressure issues for $3,000. The dealer called Ford and got declined for assistance. I spent 30+ minutes on Ford's Customer Service line, and again they declined to assist with the repair, siting being past warranty. While that's true, with only being 7,000 miles past warranty, and being a Ford owner since 1971, and given this is definitely a problem area for the 6.0, I would expect them to step up to the plate and assist their owners with the repairs. I'm not sure that they haven't lost a loyal customer over this. At any rate, look at the frequency of the EGR and other 6.0 problems on this site. I would recommend getting rid of it before your warranty expires.

Good luck with your search!!! I'm looking into the 6.7, but a brand new engine, a brand new transmission???? I need it to last beyond the warranty, and I'm a little gunshy right now :-(
I have heard this over and over with Fords bs with 6.0 and I'm sorry to hear that. Now just curious, 107k miles how many coolant flushes?? coolant filter?? My point is we all know the weak points of the 6.0 do everything possible to prevent those things from happening and you'll find yourself ahead of the game...

Quick Reply: Anyone who OWNS a 6.7, Problems??