1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Front Light Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
hokie93
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Light Bars?

Does anybody know a place where I could buy a frame mounted lightbar that wraps around from under my bumper for my 86 F150? I've only been able to find light bars that are roof mounted, but I wanted a front light bar to hold 2 or 4 lights.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 PM
bashby
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess you're trying to mount some fog lights under the bumper? You could fab something up pretty easy if you dont find anything... Got a welder or know someone who does? If not, a local welding shop should be able to do it fairly reasonably.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
SatoriEnd
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're looking for something more like a Bull Bar, or brush guard. From what I've been able to find they don't really have any for our trucks (there was a grille guard manufactured years ago that I've seen but have not been able to source it).

Your best bet is to talk to a local welder, machine, or fab shop and see what they'll charge you to make one, most places should be "reasonable" considering that it's a custom job.

I've been looking into this myself, since I'd like to put a Bull Bar with built in winch mount on my truck. But I'm fairly certain I'll have to fab my own. Going to have a local shop bend the pipe for me, pretty certain I can handle the rest when the time comes.