1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stabilzer bar and or links?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
trimman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stabilzer bar and or links?

Just did the search here and found many different problems thought to be caused by these parts. I didn't narrow it down by the search? Basically my truck especially at speed is all over the road almost like oversteer? Worse over bumps! Braking now over the last 2 weeks is pulling left and the front end is dipping more than it should and I feel like something is bumping under my feet? Brought it in to a local mechanic last week with this complaint and he checked the ball joints,tie rods , wheel bearings , he said he checked the sway bar? I've been under the truck looking around and seen what it looks like a side to side motion on the sway bar at the bushings seeing as it looks shiney to each side of the bushing and the rubber in the links looks dried out and fraying. Shocks are Bilstiens less than 2 years old. The truck is an 02, 5.4 with 175K. Any Ideas?

Old 05-30-2010, 06:15 PM
shapel
Freshman User
normally the link end rubber bushings are cracked and broken, also the sway bar bushing alignment is off, and yes this would make a bumping noise under the floor boards.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:30 PM
trimman
Senior User
Changed the links (they fell apart),bushings also. 2 year old Bilstiens shot at the bushings and replaced. front aligment shop said it's not that but something else going on down below? Some work I do myself but mostly have it done. I've been going to a local mechanic the last 2 years with all of my 3 Fords and had problems. I think I'm going back to the dealer I've been going to for 22 years and pay the price and get it fixed the first time like I always did. Thanks for your reply.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
at 175,000miles your balljoints, sway bar and everything else is under suspicion,check it all out and spend some money. with that many miles you got your moneys worth.176,000 and just did mine.