Sponsored by:

PSD X wouldn't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Bruinzfan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PSD X wouldn't start

Just for an FYI. I had my X plugged in....warmed it for 10 mins. Took the kids to the bus stop. Waited there for 10 mins, then headed off to work. About a 1/2 mile away the truck started to feel like it was losing power. I quickly turned around and got it home in time before it stalled.

I thought the fuel had gelled or got bad fuel. (I didnt want to pay Fords rates to tell me this.) I set up heaters under the truck and a light bulb under the hood as well as changed the fuel filter. I got it running, it ran for 50 minutes or so. I Thought the problem was solved. Topped off the fuel tank after adding additive and brought it home. It died 10 minutes later. Since i reached my witts end i called Ford at this point. Turned out the fuel pump in the tank was bad. Thank God for warranties!

Just thought i would send this out for an informational post in the event someone else is banging their head against a wall.

I will post in the X as well.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:29 AM
RubenG
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Searching the forum I came on this post. I had a similar Problem. On friday when I was getting ready to go home from work I warmed up the glow plugs and started the truck. It was shaking and sounded like it was mis firing or something. I turned it off and on again, and same problem. I then reved it a couple of times and it was good. About 30 minutes later while on the freeway, i tried accelerating, it shaked a little. The RPMs would clime but the truck would not accelerate, I then pulled over and the engine died. My fuel gage was still not on empty but kind of close. The Lie-O-Meter said I had for 60 miles. When I tried stating it, the engine would turn but not stay on. A tow truck came and gave me one gallon of diesel. The truck turned on but was shakey. He then towed me to the closet gas station and I put 10 more gallons. then I started and pumped the fuel pedal and it started. It Idled fine and I drove it for 10 more minutes to my house. I also when out later that night and all was good. Do you think this problem was simply I ran out of diesel or is there something bigger happening. Sorry for he long post but i want to know what you guys think, and if I sould take it to the dealer.

RubenG
2004 EB 4x4 Excursion 32K miles

Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 AM
woody_f250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For about six months now, from time to time my Excursion will lose power and idles really erratically (doesn't die though), especially after accelerating up a hill then as I let off the gas to come back down the hill it will usually happen. My service engine light soon came on this last time, so I'm going to go get it checked out. I replaced my fuel filter and my air filter, but it still happens. I even went and had my transmission serviced and they said everything looked good in there. Don't know if this is related or not, but I wanted to follow this thread to see if anything comes of it and I will post my results. By the way mine is a diesel as well with 124k miles on it (2001).